I survived!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Made it home yesterday from surgery!!! Quite an experience....one a lifetime would be good for me!!!!

Guess surgery lasted 6 hours!! It took about 2 hours longer to get thru all the scarring and patches from my double hernia operation from about 3 yeras ago. Didn't bother me that much but guess it was hard on Candy for me to be under for so long. Report from the Doc sounded good....got everything out..did some tests and everything tested OK. Will know for sure next Mon. Came home after one night in the hospital and maybe kinda rushed it. Felt good when I came home but probably tried too much and have felt really terrible today. Tomorrow will be better.

The following paragraph is completely true. Doc came thru on his rounds yesterday AM and said if I pass gas...I can go home. That is usu-aslly in the afternoons when they process thier discharges. Things went well and as the nurse was pushing me down the hallway in the wheelchair....some other patient noticed my Hayden t-shirt. Said he wanted a 409 in 63 but ending up buying a Corvette instead. Anyway, we talked for a while and then the nurse pushed me outside the hospital onto the sidewalk. Candy pulled the Suburban up and I got in the pass front seat. Leaned over with my left hand to get the seatbelt and transferred it over to my right hand to put in the lock. As I looked over to locate the lock my eyes saw the digital clock on the console...............yes....it really was...............4:09 PM!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap As I put my hand on the 63 Assembly Manual.............this is a true story!! So...........things will be OK after all!!!!!!!!!! There is a magic with numbers!!!!

Thanks again for all the prayers. thoughts and emails....looks like we are coming thru the prostate surgery OK. Want to heal up before next Thurs. so we can come to Indy!!!

I have been real steady from the shot in the ear for about 2 weeks now. Took over a week to kick in. Don't know how long this will last but we'll tackle that after Indy!!

Thnaks for the 2 quarters Dave and Dan and thanks for the cake Robert. Tell me again what it is so I can tell Candy. I'll be back with you 3 when I feel a litttle better!!

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Phil

Glad to hear all went well:clap:clap

get some rest and your strength back dont rush things ( has a way of coming back to haunt you ):eyebrow

Give Candy our best. thinking of you'll

Roger and Joyce

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
On the mend!

Phil:

Glad to hear that the surgery went well. Given the connection to "things 409" (the nurse, the clock, etal) we know things will get back to normal soon.

Was your removal the "standard" invasive approach, or did your Surgeon use the newer "da Vinci" procedure? Supposed to be less invasive, quicker recovery.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

TomK

dgwar

Well Known Member
I have that to look forward to as well. those prostate biopsys are a real hoot, aren't they. For now, they are just watching my prostate cancer, if it grows in 6 months, it will heve to get fixed.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
:clapGlad to hear things went well.:beerbang
Just take it easy for a while and you'll be back to 100% in no time.:cool:

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Good to Hear Phil. You take it easy and don't be lifting all that heavy cast iron.
In fact, I should just come up there an give you a hand by getting some of that stuff out of your way. I'll just move it to the back of my truck for you.;)

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
happy days

Glad to hear things went well, now get on that recovery road!:cool:

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Rusty Everitt

Supporting Member 1
Phil,
Wonderfiul to hear the good results and a speedy recovery is on the way. Take it easy
and things will be back to normal befors you know it. Just don't push it !
Rusty

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I Survived

Phil,
Glad the coin arrived.

As for your other issue. I didn't understand that you had 2 major medical problems. Glad to see that you have signs of a promising recovey.

Dave

Parts

Well Known Member
Phil
I did not know all this was going on either.
Glad your finished with the surgeries and starting to recover.
If you would have told me you had any health problems when you were here in Albuquerque, I would not have believed you. You looked the picture of good health.
Some one said in an earlier post that we are getting older. That is a good thing, even tho we have to deal with health issues.
Heal well and keep us informed how you progress.
Larry Morrison (Parts)