If you need to spend your money !

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thinking of Phil and Dick here. Stopped by the local Chevy dealer to get the oil changed on the Equinox. They have a 2016 SS red with black interior for only $50k. Your 409 will get better milage, this is rated at 17mpg highway !!!

Bill

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
We were planning to trade pickups this year. The local GMC dealer at Willow Springs has 3 2016 Denali's at $56k each. I guess we'll stay with po' folks GMC's at $48k or so.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
All of a sudden my 1992 Chevrolet PU is looking good :).

I hate car payments, and if I did have the cash I'd rather purchase a collectible :).

Dad always told me to pay cash for things that go down in value, only borrow on things that appreciate.
Now I'm not for certain that the upcoming "Manshed" build will go up in value over time, but it is "real estate" and that generally appreciates in the long run...

Cheers!
TomK

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
We were planning to trade pickups this year. The local GMC dealer at Willow Springs has 3 2016 Denali's at $56k each. I guess we'll stay with po' folks GMC's at $48k or so.
Mearl, that GMC SLT should be just fine, I got mine a year ago. A mighty fine truck!! I had zero interest in the Denali pkg. Too much fluff!

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Check out a new loaded up Escalade if you really want sticker shock! 80K plus!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I rode in a guys Escalade a couple months ago that listed for 100 Grand.
I think he said the tire and wheel option was 5k.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My 2014 GMC, bought new 1 year ago was $23900. I did get the 285 hp V6 since I don't tow, although this one is rated to tow over 5000lb. Didn't want 4 doors, had those already, didn't want all the electronics, didn't want fog lamps, didn't want 20" alum wheels
Has all the necessities, AC, power windows etc. I did change the grill out to the next upgraded one(not pictured), found a new one on Ebay for $90
New cars screw you over on their so called "upgrade" packages, supposed to be discounted, bull shit, it's how they get the price jacked up for silly things you'll never use or really don't want-like $150 floor mats etc, ,the only thing I would have liked but didn't get was blue tooth for my phone-so I use ear phones instead.020.JPG

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
50,000 ouch ! How times have changed! My dad bought a new 66 Ford pickup that year, it was a v-8, automatic,the fancier of the two or three models available. It had a lot of options on it, push button radio, two tone paint chrome bumpers and probly several more! The window sticker was 2130.00. I'm not sure what he finally paid for it, but he loved to haggle and it took him several days to get the dealer down to his way of thinking!!!!!! Oh yea, I totaled it for him about a year and a half later. Last time I ever got to borrow one of his vehicles!!!!!:doh:doh

RPOLS3

Well Known Member
They have a 2016 SS red with black interior for only $50k. Your 409 will get better milage, this is rated at 17mpg highway !!!

Bill

If this is the 4 Door SS Sports Sedan and not the Camaro SS - test drive it and you might be impressed. They run high 12's/low 13's bone stock in the 1/4. I agree $50k is not inexpensive - but there are not many other options out there at that price point for a new high performance rear wheel drive family sedan nowadays.