introduce yourself

36master

my latest toy

hey fellows, tought i would post photo of my latest toy,got 348,3 duces,solid lift cam,muncie 4 sp,even got the wonder bar radio,the guy i got it from owned it for the last 18 yrs.motor had about 200 mi on rebuild.got vett wheels on at time of photo.but had to come off. thanks,great site bobby:cheers

Attachments

• 58 impala.jpg
    58 impala.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 267

bobs409

Administrator
I'll second that! Those 58's just screamed STYLE and this one is no exception!

I also think that white has to be the best color for the 58-65 full size Chevy's. I can almost see "Toad" from American Grafitti behind the wheel. LOL :D

36master

hey thanks guys, when i bought the 58,the wife said what did you want with that thing,its ugly and long.after we went crusin one saturday she has changed her way of thinking.people was waving,flagging us down,hollering across the street,she could not believe it.hope to get the photo of motor by my sign in. thanks bobby:p :cheers

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
Well 36master,
SCHWEEEET!!!!!! You sure have one nice '58 !!
Do yourself a favor though, If you drive this car, make the disk brake conversion, and get away from those old ball bearings hubs. You wont regret it.

I did a disk brake conversion on my '65 and will NEVER go back to drums. Nothing worse than going downhill in the Blue Ridge Mountains with a heavy 409 and then, all of a sudden, you experience brake fade.... It'll make an athiest turn Christian quick, let me tell you!!!!!!!! Dont get the wrong idea though, Ive always been Christian.....

Rockfish ;)

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Master that is a nice looking Impala. I too just bought a '58 Impala, black with a small block and powerglide. I'll be pulling the engine and transmission out and will replace it with a 350 crate and 700r4. But while the engine and tranny are out, it'll go to the paint shop for a Rio red paint job. I'll also have the bright work buffed out and replace all the glass. When I get the car back is when I'll put disc and 605 steering. Being that I already have airbags from another project it may go on the Impala ;) . I'll post a pic of it later.

36master

hey seon, you said you just bought your 58,i saw somewhere on internet,guy was buying black 58 impala,had photos,owner said it was straight and did not need anything.just wondering if that was your car,the one you bought?the photos looked great. great site bobby:confused:

36master

real power

hey fellows, tought i would post photo of a real power house,got the old 6cly,3 speed in floor,its a 36 master delux coupe,banjo stering wheel and no power.keep the photos coming i like to look at all the toys. thanks bobby:D

Attachments

• mvc-009s.jpg
    mvc-009s.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 315

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I will try this again, I hope after messing with the pixels and all that I don't turn out like DQ's Rat Fink. This was taken by my wife 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

• new folder.jpg
    new folder.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 275

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey !!!! Who`s that old guy ???? heeee heeee

Did you scan that picture? On my scanner you preview the item to be scaned then crop the background out ,,,,then scan to file,,,

But really,,,,Nice car/nice photo !!!!

Boy you guys better make a run on that Grecian Formula !!! LOL !!

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Tripower
Love the car......friend of mine in 68 raced a similar 58 with a 283 2x4 in H/SA. The car was green, he called it 'Jolly Green Giant'

BJ

Hey Roy !
Great picture of what are obviously two old friends:cheers

funny.... Out of a hundred guys, I would have picked YOU as the owner of that car !

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It is an old friend and I have held about all the pieces in my hands at one time or another. Also DQ if I used Grecian Formula my scalp would be dark, I don't have enough hair left to dye. It grows everywhere on my body but on my head, out of my ears, nose and back. I thought I might be able to do a combover out of my ears.:D Roy

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Roy,,,,Was in one of my moods !! sorry ,,,,,,

Really love the car !!! AND ,,, it`s not red !!!! heee heee
The Fifty-Eight is a stand alone beauty as far as I`m concerned !!!
Always liked them and always will !!

Hope to see you and her at the 3-4 NC !!

,,,,,dq ,,,, and yes,,, the loss of hair where it should be and the growth where it shouldn`t be,,,I can relate too !!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
PICTURE

yep.......same picture I got too. I got a copy from the lady down at the Post Office last week!!!!!!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
it's me

playing P/ball machine. DQ think,,. I can finally post Pics. U can super size this one and put in garage to keep ANYTHING out!!
Thanks for helping me out. Mike. OTHERS need permission to reproduce>>HEEE HEEE.. Mike

1958 impala

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hi guys,
Got to love those pics of the 58 chevys id add to pics but my camera got dropped while hunting of coarse it broke, also great pics of other cars.:cheers