Its a Mouse Trap with no poispn!

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I do this in the cellar where no pets will be since my wife freaks out whenever there’s even a single mouse in the house.

View attachment 101702

In the detached garage and cold storage I use the “rolling log” in a bucket technique since the cats have access and are kept inside when it’s really cold. One is a kit purchased from Amazon like this one, but the rest I’ve 3D printed some bushings that fit into electrical conduit and rotate around an aluminum rod. I’ve found they work better than the spring traps, and I can let a bunch of dead ones float for a long time before I empty it.

View attachment 101703

There’s a guy on YouTube that buys and tests all sorts of mouse and rat traps - both present day and antique designs. Pretty crazy to see all the ideas that have been built.

I bet they are playing Possum!

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Unfortunately, my four door has to spend too much time out of the garage. So I have a bunch of traps set. I caught a few mice last month then all was calm until yesterday. This one got caught in one of the traps located at the front passenger floor. He then made his way back to the rear drivers floor and then expired. Lol I'm not sure if this one was chewing on the wooden trap or if there are others. His blood will provide the bait if there are more. He/she wasn't getting away.20211230_110533.jpg