It's been awhile!

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Looking good! Gotta do a similar mod for my trans crossmember. Motor looks beautiful. Keep it up!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
After some delay, I'm back at it. Here are some frame pics of my 62. Almost ready for paint. Just got finished with the 6 speed cross member. Have a little e-brake mod to do, and some front end mock up. we're joy!

http://s16.photobucket.com/user/robgotti/409 alabum/story
were you level on frame,3degrees down on motor/trans....or shoot for centers on drive shaft to frame opening?....still using 2 piece or 1 piece drive shaft?? Thanks in advance

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Nice progress. Is the trans Richmond??

I am putting a Tremec TR6060 behind a 4 banger

rholso

Supporting Member 1
were you level on frame,3degrees down on motor/trans....or shoot for centers on drive shaft to frame opening?....still using 2 piece or 1 piece drive shaft?? Thanks in advance
I spent awhile trying to decide a path on this. I ended up having the frame have a very slight rake (almost level) with the rear slightly elevated. Then I mocked up the motor and leveled out the intake manifold and kept that sitting level. Had an analog degree dial and between that and a app that I got for my phone off the play store from TREMEC I think I'm pretty close to 3 degrees I also like this pdf from spicer. I also referenced the factory assembly manual on the recommended angles. I am still planning on running the two piece with the billet carrier bearing. I will have to shorten the front shaft, and the rear shaft I plan on adding a slip yoke on the end. Might have to shorten that a bit with the Dana 60 rear. I think the yoke is slightly forward on the 60 compared to the stock rear end.

rholso

Supporting Member 1
Thanks guys!

I left me a little room if I need to put a shim or two under the trans mount bushing. I had to get that mount installed so I can spray the frame soon. I need to put a motor back in so I can get the clutch frame bracket tacked in for a final weld (car was a power glide car). Air ride install this weekend (hopefully) for mock up and test fit prior to paint. I already know I am going to have to modify the rear air ride bracket for the lower trailing arms that I have.

Nothing a little heat and the metal brake cant fix!

Some before pics of the frame.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I also am running the Richmond ROD. My engine is set at 3* the front drive line is the same length as stock 4-speed 24-5/8" as the ROD is the same length as 4-speed. I also am using the stock bench seat. Don't know if your car is SS with buckets but here are some pics. My cross member is out of a 60' Pontiac. Also had to cut the shit linkage plate down to fit into the extension panel

New Cross1.jpg New Cross2.jpg New Cross Nuts welded in frame.jpg Extention Panel for Richmond 6-Speed 3.jpg Extention Panel for Richmond 6-Speed 4.jpg Extention Panel for Richmond 6-Speed 5.jpg Interior 5.jpg Shift Boot 1.jpg shifter 2.jpg Shifter 4.jpg

rholso

Supporting Member 1
I also am running the Richmond ROD. My engine is set at 3* the front drive line is the same length as stock 4-speed 24-5/8" as the ROD is the same length as 4-speed.

I only have power glide front drive lines any more. My last 4 speed driveline sold with my 64. Haven't decided on shortening a pg one or just getting a new one.