Jerry's 62 Impala build

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I also read that you sold the chromed inner fenders to a guy with a 64 'vert...

I tought they were different on a 62... I just disassembled mine on my 63 'vert to have them powdercoated and I took a look on my 62 and saw a few differences... Am I wrong?

Props on the project, really cool project

Hugues

Everything except the fender well were put in the 64. he brought some chriome one's for a 64 to install. The 62 chrome wells are going in another one of his cars.

Nice find... wish I could find some nice treasures like this in my garage... hahaha!

Are those "GM Authorized" parts? I guess so but I never saw some like these... as far as I can remember... :dunno

I bought them a while ago. They do have a GM Restoration Parts sticker on them

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Put the body and rotisserie on the trailer yesterday and started to pressure wash the underside. Got 90% done and the temperature dropped 20 degrees and started to pour down rain. getting ready to go out and finish it up.

Once it dries, I am going to Prime it and spray some Lizard Skin Undercoating/Sound Deadener under it. Then it's off to the painter...

SU1HMDAyNTgtMjAxMDA1MDMtMTI1My5qcGc.jpg

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Put the body and rotisserie on the trailer yesterday and started to pressure wash the underside. Got 90% done and the temperature dropped 20 degrees and started to pour down rain. getting ready to go out and finish it up.

Once it dries, I am going to Prime it and spray some Lizard Skin Undercoating/Sound Deadener under it. Then it's off to the painter...

SU1HMDAyNTgtMjAxMDA1MDMtMTI1My5qcGc.jpg

It has to be great to have that much energy, right Ronnie? Hell I can't get that much done in a week and I don't have a job! :?

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, she is at the paint shop. When I spoke with him to plan everything out he said that it woudl be about a 2 week turn-around. Now that it is unloaded and in his shop, he siad it may be 3 - 4 weeks!!! :bang:bang:bang I threw a fit because he pushed me out 2 weeks already. At the end of the conversation, he is going to try to get it painted by this weekend and I will bring the chassis over there and put the body on it, mount the fenders and hood. Then he will wet sand and buff it. I am doing everything possible to have this done in time to bring to Thompson!!!!

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
What are you going to do with all the free time you will have while you're waiting to get it back, Brian? With two weeks you can do a frame off on another car. With four weeks you could design a new car from the ground up!

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
With just four days until the weekend you'll have to settle for building a house or something simple.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What are you going to do with all the free time you will have while you're waiting to get it back, Brian? With two weeks you can do a frame off on another car. With four weeks you could design a new car from the ground up!

Well, I do have that 61 in the driveway !!!:eek:

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A trip to the Ranch

:? The last trip you did to the ranch saw a 58 pick up for 2500.00 that was whole you could redo while you are waiting:roll:roll

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Brian, if your'e bored I could bring my 61 over. You could do more in 5 minutes than I have in 5 years.:coffee:

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Brian,

Since you'll be all practiced up when you arrive at Thompson, save me a couple of munutes, so you can adjust the windows on the BelAir. I never have gotten them right after replaceing the seals !!!! :cheers Although, as you proved last year, I don't really need the windows up for drag racing anyway !!!! :roll:roll

Bill

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:? The last trip you did to the ranch saw a 58 pick up for 2500.00 that was whole you could redo while you are waiting:roll:roll

Hmmmm... I need to open up a shop for all of the requests I have been getting.

Hey Brian, if your'e bored I could bring my 61 over. You could do more in 5 minutes than I have in 5 years.:coffee:

Cecil- Have you done anything to it since I was last at your house????

Brian,

Since you'll be all practiced up when you arrive at Thompson, save me a couple of munutes, so you can adjust the windows on the BelAir. I never have gotten them right after replaceing the seals !!!! :cheers Although, as you proved last year, I don't really need the windows up for drag racing anyway !!!! :roll:roll

Bill

No problen Bill. We'll get them going right!

the bottom of the 62 looks real solid. nice werk keep the pics coming

Well, it is now. For the most part, it was a pretty solid car though.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just ordered the driveshaft from Mountain Driveline. (928-532-8452)
For a 700r4, the front shaft from the seal face on the tranny to the center of the carrier bearing bolts is 21 5/8" and the rear shaft is 38 7/8" with a 9" rear. It also comes with a solid steel carrier bearing. Total came to $260.00 shipped!!!! This is the same shaft I have iin my 62 so I know they hold up.

I called Inland Empire and they wanted $717.00 plus shipping.:eek:

Here is a pic of the center bearing

lowerrider.gif

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
great price on the driveshaft. I know Inland Empire is pricey stuff. I can't afford those prices :bang

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Just ordered the driveshaft from Mountain Driveline. (928-532-8452)
For a 700r4, the front shaft from the seal face on the tranny to the center of the carrier bearing bolts is 21 5/8" and the rear shaft is 38 7/8" with a 9" rear. It also comes with a solid steel carrier bearing. Total came to $260.00 shipped!!!! This is the same shaft I have iin my 62 so I know they hold up.

I called Inland Empire and they wanted $717.00 plus shipping.:eek:

Here is a pic of the center bearing

lowerrider.gif

Great information! :beerbang