just a few update pics

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
it's been all i can do to get the car race ready. wet sanded, buffed and some more trim put on. most of my trim was junk so i had to mae some hardwood patterns, tap dents out, wetsand and polish. good enough for a racecar. final lettering has'nt been decided, but will happen this season. on my way to mason dixon dragway this morning. the MANDRA guys are scheduled to be there. more pics from the track later in this thread.

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 99
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 64
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 90
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 83

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the look :beerbang When's the shake down runs on the strip?

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Bob
Was 100 miles from home this morning when the rain started. 50 miles from
Mason Dixon. Called the track to find out it was raining hard. Elmer hadn't
changed the recording on the phone as of 9:00AM. Racing was canceled.
Will see you when we reschedule the MANDRA race. I was looking forward
on seeing the finished car. See you.
Allen

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Bob, it's just what I have come to expect from you, top notch work! :clap The only thing I have to complain about is that you live to far away from me. :cool:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Bob, it's just what I have come to expect from you, top notch work! :clap The only thing I have to complain about is that you live to far away from me. :cool:
He's not that far away. What's a few hours run on I-70?
robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Bob: I was just looking at the 63 pictures again and noticed that boat in the background of the first picture. Say... That wouldn't be your old fuel flatbottom drag boat would it?
robert

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Bob
Was 100 miles from home this morning when the rain started. 50 miles from
Mason Dixon. Called the track to find out it was raining hard. Elmer hadn't
changed the recording on the phone as of 9:00AM. Racing was canceled.
Will see you when we reschedule the MANDRA race. I was looking forward
on seeing the finished car. See you.
Allen

was looking forward to see you guys as well, Allen. I was standing there with Elmer and Cathy at 10am during chassis cert. when she rode over and checked the Doppler. race was called 4 sure at 10:30. Elmer mentioned he had talk to mr. Crouse and called it off. Bummer, we ALL worked hard to get there and race.
Since it was just Test-n-Tune, I was going to beg you guys to let me run with your group. I'll send you my phone # if you like, might save you some milage. hope to see u soon.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Bob: I was just looking at the 63 pictures again and noticed that boat in the background of the first picture. Say... That wouldn't be your old fuel flatbottom drag boat would it?
robert

that's the safest boat i ever had.

thanx everybody for the kind words. will post update whenever it happens.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
finally got out to track today, perfect weather. I have learned NOT to make too many changes at once so i dont. car would'nt fall off a log today. shooting Ducks and lost 3 tenths and 4 mph from my last time out. chased the problem at the track and found none. on the way home i realized i had put an 8000 chip in the MSD7. shoulda been ok but i think it is bad. recall taking my dragboat across in 1996 with same engine and electronics. it was spitting like crazy. took the chip out and put in pocket, boat went 135. guess i shoulda tossed it overboard. car only went 10:70 @ 126 today but drew some attention to 409s (which the announcer says it has in it) and i did cut an .055 light in the first round, but did'nt run my 10.50 dial-in. oh well.

PS: i repainted the rear bumper metallic aluminum, and the funny part.......i dont own a hood lip moulding, so i painted the lip of the hood the same shiney color. look close.

PS: got it on a scale finally 3315

Attachments

• MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 64
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 60
  • MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 72

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
just a few more of same.

question: when i get this thing good and hot, it idles much faster. a little rich?

i kinda wish we would start a tuning section on the site. Allen George was telling about the weather station he has and lost me pretty fast.

Attachments

• MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 47
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 46
  • MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 50