LA HOT RODS 2.0

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Been struggling a bit with the trusses, most of them have some swag in them probably from some heavy snow load. So I have been working on a system to push them back into shape.
First attempt was using my John deere as a backer but it wasn't heavy enough for the job.
20230713_185331.jpg
So next attempt was to park my suburban there and push off it.20230717_201807.jpg
Now that it's back to shape I picked up some heavy angel iron to make a more substantial center brace.
20230717_203037.jpg
I'll weld these in place and should be much stronger than before.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Well today I made a plan to get the first truss up and luck would have it Tooth showed up so I had a good hand to pull this off.
20231119_163231.jpg
I put an extension in my engine hoist to lift it into place. Took a few try's to get it work but believe we will have a system to make the rest go up easy.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Today Tooth showed up and we made a stop at my buddy Rockhounds place to pick up some more scaffolding and then drove through three or four county's chasing carport parts. Found a place that would sell me the hat track and some channel to complete some of the missing parts and to aid in constructing the roof with the tin in a vertical fashion.
When we got back to my place we cut the leg plates and the sleeves to make the heavy wall tubing work. Then we drilled a bunch of holes.
20231130_172607.jpg