Late Great Chevy Association

chuckl

Well Known Member
I had a membership until the buyout. I bought quite a bit from Late Great until they stopped delivering to Carlisle.
Ditto. I gave up when they sent my order for SS steering shaft U-joints. I ordered a joint with a double "D" on one end and a spline on the other I received a double "D" on each end. I called them and they sent the wrong ones again. I asked the salesman to physically check the box; sure enough, correct box part number with wrong part. All is good, except they sent me the wrong part again (third time). I finally went to Flaming River and got the correct joint the first time.

62BillT

Well Known Member
Time to tell a story about a good friend of mine. He ordered a bunch of parts for his '56. UPS delivered them and soon after he bolted them all on. Two weeks later UPS pulls up with the same order of parts. He told the driver that he already received them, here take a look, they are all on my car, it's a mistake, send them back. Soon after he called down there for more parts and was told no, we are not selling you any more because you refused an order.

62BillT

Well Known Member
OK, now my falling out story with Eckler's. With LGC, as with most clubs, members got free advertising and I would advertise in the Parts For Sale category just about every month. When Eckler's bought them out, they stated something like "Advertising for Members". I did notice that the word "Free" was not in there, but I trusted them not to be that sneaky. Coincidently my membership was up just about the same time. They offered a 2-year deal for $70, which I sent to them. When I went to advertise, they said I needed to pay $10 per ad. Which would have meant instead of $70 for the next 2 years, if I were to advertise every month as planned, it would now cost me $310 for the next 2 years. Well I protested that. I told them that they should have stated that. At least put an asterisk (*) or something next to the advertising statement.

I told them that I would make a deal with them. If they gave me free advertising for the first year, I would agree to pay $10 per ad for the second year. Their response? "Oh no, we can't do that." I then asked for my membership money to be returned, which they did and I never had anything to do with them since. And although not cheap, it really wasn't the money as much as it was the principle of it.

Gliderider06

Well Known Member
I bet most of us here are LGC alumni. Those early ‘80’s were exciting mailbox days when expecting Super Chevy or the LGC club mag. I sure miss those days . . . .
It was! Being a 15yr old kid just learning about car was super excited to get my monthly magazine. The how to, tech articles were the best for me. I always wanted to see and hear the 409 Impalas and wished that one day I would get mine running. My dad was not very helpful with it. He purposely did not help me with the 09. His excuse was if it ran I would take it out and get into an accident, lose his house bla, bla, bla.
That car sat for 12 years in a field. It was far from driveable and I knew it at 15. I bought thousands of dollars on parts to restore it through LGC and he promised me the title at 16 then 18 and still refused using the same excuse and would get it at 21. On my 21st birthday I showed up with a car trailer and said I wanted the title and was taking to restore it. I got the title and I pulled the car away and got it going.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Never had a problem with LGC.:good I ordered lot's of parts, in the 90's.:clap When I joined, the club was 58-64. After awhile, it was 58-70. I knew then, something was going on.:doh It was still a Great club. Don't exactly remember the timeline, but eventually Eckler's took over. :thumbdownThat's when I left. Increased prices, long waits for products. I always looked forward to receiving the monthly mags, from LGC. :appl