Let’s all put some pics up to keep us busy these days.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
This is the original hood from my car. It had some damage and was easier to replace than repair. In the upper right in yellow marker is 409. On the other side, now somewhat faded is SS. They are upside down so the hood must have been hung by the hinge end when it was marked.

hood409.jpg

Gofish

Well Known Member
View attachment 80213View attachment 80214View attachment 80213View attachment 80214This is what I have been working on for the Pate Swap meet. One intake is a 58, the other is 59. Some of the carbs are original and some I have converted. Have to wait til Oct. now,

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

So without putting you on the spot or revealing any secrets,...... in general what do refurbished W-engine tri-power rigs go for these days? I have one on my 348, but just had to source some end carbs, have all three colored to match (not the right term), and rebuild them. Just curious.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
So without putting you on the spot or revealing any secrets,...... in general what do refurbished W-engine tri-power rigs go for these days? I have one on my 348, but just had to source some end carbs, have all three colored to match (not the right term), and rebuild them. Just curious.

I normally get around $1,300.00 for a 3 X 2 set up. Parts for a conversion set cost around $450.00 plus the linkage. Carb rebuild kits cost around $35.00 and of course cost for the intake and the 2 GC carbs, which are getting very hard to find. Show Cars gets $300.00 each for their rebuilt 2 GC carbs. There is a lot of labor involved cleaning up the intakes and carbs, removing the splash shield and bead blasting. I am retired and try to do at lease 2 sets over the winter for Pate. I have two more intakes but only 4 carbs, two carbs are original front and rear for a 58. You have to be careful and look real close at these old carbs base plates to make sure they seal tight or the engine will not iddle right. (some are just wore out) Lots of work.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

ozzie7

Well Known Member
My project should be putting more wax on and doing less waxing off .
Judging on how dirty it is under Greta's hood.

mL5siRV.jpg

But it sure is fine... just drivin' my Fifty Nine...

ZL1PLP3.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Don't have a car to work on but the last 2 days decided the shop needs a cleaning. Brought my old shelves home when I retired so just decided to put them in use. Been setting in the basement.

Cleaned out a spot and hauled them out to the barn. Make things more organized!!!!!!!
20200401_201240.jpg20200401_202229.jpg
Gotta add the shelves and start filling the!!