Let's talk 9" rears

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks guys. Those are the loaded backing plates/drums that John's sells. I bought their prebent line kit too. The lines needed some modifications to fit but worked out well. I had John's powdercoat the housing and backing plates for me too which turned out great. It's really a nice setup for the money

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
This might be a stupid question but, since your have stock width,is your spacing still favor closer to body on driver's side or not??? If not how did you correct that with a adjustable pan hard bar?? Differential look's great!!!

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The differential is more biased towards the drivers side yes. The drivers side axle is quite a bit shorter. John's can build the rearend to stock width or shorter if you want too. They do ask that when ordering.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looking way cool Jason. You will be itching to get it in alright. Bet ya it is in way before spring. LOL.

So what gear ratio have you gone with on this one! Is it the same as what you had!

Gav

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, it's in. But not without a fight. The upper trailing arm brackets on the housing are a bit narrow which don't allow the arm to slide down and bolt in. Had to clearance the brackets and test fit everything about 20 times. But overall it looks great. I've gotta get it centered now with a panhard adjustment and then start working on the pinion angle. I went with Spohn adjustable upper trailing arms and UMI lower control arms. Both extremely nice pieces!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'll get better pics of the upper and lower arms. Can't seem them in the photo. Going to need to get a different pan hard rod as the one I have is a real bitch to try and make any adjustments with the single threaded end. Gotta figure out how to attach the parking break cable/spacer thing John's provides and work on my brake lines. Getting closer

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks good under there Jason!!!:clap The panhard I got for my car from Global West had a bracket to weld on the frame and lower the mount to make it parallel with the ground.. It might be something to look into if you decide to get a different one...