Let's talk 9" rears

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Looks good under there Jason!!!:clap The panhard I got for my car from Global West had a bracket to weld on the frame and lower the mount to make it parallel with the ground.. It might be something to look into if you decide to get a different one...
I've been running the Global West setup with a level Panhard bar for quite a while. I centered things up as best I could with a tape measure. The best way would probably involve using a 4 wheel alignment machine but there are a lot of reference points that will get you pretty close.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Working on the 9" some more today and can't figure out these damn parking brake cables. The spacers John's supplied don't fit on the cable. And the cable looks to be too long to just clip on the parking brake lever. What have you guys done to make your parking brake work?

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Working on the 9" some more today and can't figure out these damn parking brake cables. The spacers John's supplied don't fit on the cable. And the cable looks to be too long to just clip on the parking brake lever. What have you guys done to make your parking brake work?
Ever get those cable's hooked up , if so what did you do?????

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Parking brakes installed and seem to be working. I modified the spacers John's supplied by making the slots wider and then crimping them on the cable. They go between the ball at the end of the cable and the spring sheathing inside the backing plates/drums. I'll test them better once I can get the car out.

All that's left is to redo a few brake lines and put the new Inland Driveshaft in when that comes next week

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Parking brakes installed and seem to be working. I modified the spacers John's supplied by making the slots wider and then crimping them on the cable. They go between the ball at the end of the cable and the spring sheathing inside the backing plates/drums. I'll test them better once I can get the car out.

All that's left is to redo a few brake lines and put the new Inland Driveshaft in when that comes next week
Jason,
Do they offer the housing with the GM Bearing cups so you could use your original backing plates? Seems that would be the way to go if that was a option.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Inland Empire big driveshaft showed up today. Test fit and doesn't clear the front opening in the tunnel. Going to need to open up the hole some.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Inland Empire big driveshaft showed up today. Test fit and doesn't clear the front opening in the tunnel. Going to need to open up the hole some.
Pictures are our friend Jason
Can you post so I can learn as I'm heading this way as well

Steve

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pictures are our friend Jason
Can you post so I can learn as I'm heading this way as well

Steve

I'll snap a pic of the clearance problem. But basically the yoke on the front of the driveshaft won't go through the front opening in the driveshaft tunnel. I don't have any good carbide burs at home so going to Fastenal today to get a couple to open up the hole some more. Tried a grinding stone and it just doesn't move material fast enough. A good quality bur should do the trick. I'll post a pic of the tool that I use to clean things up as well