Look What followed Me Home Today

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got up this morning at 5:45 made a pot of coffee fed the dogs and then proceeded to check my mail and see what was going on here. Then as usual did my morning search on craigs list. Found this 61' Bel-Air all original unmolested runs but needs the gas tank cleaned and a good cleaning very nice with very minimal rust a easy fix. 283 170 HP Turboglide. I think it is a good candidate for a 409 and a 4-speed...:deal Oh yeah.

Attachments

• 61' Bel-Air.jpg
    61' Bel-Air.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 61'Bel-Air1.jpg
    61'Bel-Air1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 61' Bel-Air283.jpg
    61' Bel-Air283.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 214

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Very Good find my friend !!!!!! Are you going to bring her home or is she priced out of wack ??

Dave

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very Good find my friend !!!!!! Are you going to bring her home or is she priced out of wack ??

Dave

Made the deal on the spot. Gave him 300.00 cash to hold until I could get to the bank and, will drag my trailer down Wednesday and load her up. It was a very fair price and it is a runner. Just needs to have the gas tank cleaned. If it looks to bad I'll just buy a new tank. Also the front intake gasket is blown out so I'll fix that buff her up a bit and drive it for the rest of the summer.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Pair of 61s!

I like your impulsiveness, Dan!

She will look just fine next to the other one, don't you think?

I noticed that she was two toned, what are the colors, in and out?

I drove my '62SS with the 283-170 horse pwoerglide for a couple of years before the "transplant" took place :). Start looking for a 348 from 1961....

Good luck driving her this summer!

TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Funny thing...

After Dan mentioned his Craig's list "habit" I thought I'd check my local listings just for fun. I found at least four 1961-1963 Chevrolet vehicles for sale, all listed in the last 7 days. One was a 1961 Impala sport coupe, another a 1962 Impala 2 door with an SS parts car (buckets, console, grab bar, trim, etc.), another a 1962 four door car and a 1963 Belair four door. All fairly priced (less than Ebay).

I'm thinking I should at least take a look at the 1961 Impala and the pair of 62s.

Road trip?

TomK

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
wow, nice find! I NEVER find stuff like that! :roll

Great catch on that one. Just when you think they are all gone...

:clap Nice car, Dan.

That is cool .I like the Belair clean and simple nice find.

Kevin

Hey guys thanks for the kind words I am very happy to of landed this baby...:deal

I like your impulsiveness, Dan!

She will look just fine next to the other one, don't you think?

I noticed that she was two toned, what are the colors, in and out?

I drove my '62SS with the 283-170 horse pwoerglide for a couple of years before the "transplant" took place :). Start looking for a 348 from 1961....

Good luck driving her this summer!

TomK

Tom, I couldn't wait as it was a beautiful day here today. I hooked up the trailer and headed down the road. The car was about 140 miles south of where I live in Vancover, WA. I bought it from the original owner. It has been sitting on jack stands with the wheels in the truck since 1992. He put new tires on it and it still has all of the hub caps. The only things that do not work are the horn and the radio. It has the deluxe heater and pushbutton radio. I have not got the paint & interior trim codes off of the cowl tag as of yet but it looks to me like Fawn Beige & Ermine White exterior and Fawn interior. I will get it cleaned up retrieve all that information tomorrow. As far as impulse I was on the prowl for a 59' or 60' but this came up and well thats the rest of the story...:doh I do have another 61' 348 3X2's but I think this car is going to get the 62' QB I have located. Tomarrow I will take some more pics and post. The pics I posted earlier were from the craigs list add. Yes she is going to look right at home next to the white and red car....:brow

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am going to try and milk it for the summer. It worked loading it but I will have to look into it furether.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here are a few more pics of the Bel-Air. I have not had a chance to get it cleaned up. Will work on that tomorrow. Ran the trim and paint codes. The paint is 970 B Arbor Beige/Fawn Beige. Not sure what the B stands for. The interior is 863 Copper. Material type is: Vinyl. According to the chart here it says the material on the interior is vinyl but my car has vinyl and cloth:dunno. In the Acc area it has a 4 and the EZI. I know the EZI is the tinted glass but not sure what the 4 means...?:dunno

Attachments

• 61' Bel-Air1.jpg
    61' Bel-Air1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Rear Drivers.jpg
    Rear Drivers.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 113
  • front drivers.jpg
    front drivers.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 127
  • On the trailer rear passenger.jpg
    On the trailer rear passenger.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 159
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 106

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice score Dan! Looks like a good one. :clap

I noticed a one- piece rear bumper. Does it have a one-piece on the front too ?

Belair bubbletop's are my favorite ! :brow

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Gee, the only thing that ever followed me home was, a couple of in-laws, that wanted to move in, and mooch.:mad: :roll Skip:cry

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian, Thanks I came across the add at 7:25 Sunday morning and was pacing the floor for five minutes until I said what the hell and called. I think I did good...:brow

I'd say so!!!! I would have done the same thing. Congradulations on your new addition.