Look What followed Me Home Today

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Interior pics?

Dan:

Do you happen to have any pics of the 863 Copper interior? My 1961 BA sport coupe shares the same color code, but since my interior is soooo shot (and now apart) I can't really tell what it looks like. I'm not 100% certain I am going back with my original colors (Corona Cream over Copper) but I might. I now have it in black primer/sealer and kinda got hooked on that color. I really like Black over Red cars from this era, and since I have to restore EVERYTHING I can go any color I like.

My tendency is to stay with the stock trim tag colors, but I have too many white cars right now and might want to change things up...

Maybe seeing your Copper interior will keep me on track. I do like the Corona Cream color, just not sure what Copper looks like :).

Cheers!
TomK

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan:

Do you happen to have any pics of the 863 Copper interior? My 1961 BA sport coupe shares the same color code, but since my interior is soooo shot (and now apart) I can't really tell what it looks like. I'm not 100% certain I am going back with my original colors (Corona Cream over Copper) but I might. I now have it in black primer/sealer and kinda got hooked on that color. I really like Black over Red cars from this era, and since I have to restore EVERYTHING I can go any color I like.

My tendency is to stay with the stock trim tag colors, but I have too many white cars right now and might want to change things up...

Maybe seeing your Copper interior will keep me on track. I do like the Corona Cream color, just not sure what Copper looks like :).

Cheers!
TomK

Tom, Is the color of your car Corona Cream top with Copper body? Don't quite understand what you are saying there. My car color code is 970 Arbor Beige top with Fawn Beige body. The interior is the 863 Fawn Beige with Copper. Here are a few pics.

Tom, for some reason the site will not let me post the pics. Says the cyber police are after me. I will post the pics later.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tom, Here are the pics you requested. On this site it says the 563 interior is: The original color of your interior is: Copper. Material type is: Vinyl (Belair). As you can see my interior is vinyl and cloth. Also I talked with Phil about a new interior kit and he had not heard of the Copper. Cars does not list it as Copper but Fawn and in my 3-year old Cars catalog there is a note that say "Fawn my use substitute vinyl". I don't know what that means and if the Copper color insert is as dark as it is on the original panels. My Dash is also two tone. It is lighter on the top and darker on the bottom. Don't know if that could be from fading but, it seems the A & B pillar garnish moldings are lighter than the others as well.

Attachments

• Drivers Door pannel.jpg
    Drivers Door pannel.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 69
  • RR Door Pannel.jpg
    RR Door Pannel.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 58

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just contacted Cars and the sales rep said that the insert on the door panel color was silver but, that he personally has not seen one. I sent him some pics of my interior and he is going to verify color. I also sent him some pics of my seats as they use the copper on them as well.

Attachments

• 61' Bel-Air Back Seat Bottom.jpg
    61' Bel-Air Back Seat Bottom.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 61' Bel-Air Front Seat Back.jpg
    61' Bel-Air Front Seat Back.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 44

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Thanks!

Dan, thanks for posting the pics. I must have missed them earlier. I do believe that is to color combination in my 1961 Belair sport coupe. Now that I see it up close (mine is extremely faded and beyond recognition!) I think I might go back with those original colors. It's just that I've got three white cars and the prospect of having another (albeit Corona Cream) had me wondering. I like to stay faithful to the trim tags, just wanted to know if it was a good combination. I do like the Corona Cream color, just wasn't sure about the interior. Now I am!

Cheers!
TomK

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My guess is that the copper vinyl is the same as the 60 Impala copper interior vinyl. the surrounding door panel pleated vinyl looks like fawn beige to me.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My guess is that the copper vinyl is the same as the 60 Impala copper interior vinyl. the surrounding door panel pleated vinyl looks like fawn beige to me.

Cecil, You are correct. The outer part of the door panels and the seats are the fawn beige. Cars called me on Friday and said they were sending swatches on all of the materials. The guy I spoke with was looking at the pictures I sent as I was speaking with him. He said that the the inner panel on the door panels was copper and not silver as well as the seat. I will post pics when I receive the swatches.

Tom, I really like the Fawn Beige and Copper interior. I think its a very good combo with the Carona Cream.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Let me know

Dan, let me know when you get all the components dialed in for that interior replacement. Looks like I will be copying those. Want to get them as correct as possible, even though I am a long ways off. Still have tons of body work to do. This week I hope to begin again on the project. Have some time off between now and the Thompson event.

Cheers!
TomK

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tom, I received the swatches from Cars yesterday. They look like a great match. I have not had the time to compare to my original but will do so when I have time. We are getting ready for the Memorial Day weekend. Having another big bunch out at our river place. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• Cars Interior 863 Swatches 1961 Bel-Air.jpg
    Cars Interior 863 Swatches 1961 Bel-Air.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 57

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tom, I received the swatches from Cars yesterday. They look like a great match. I have not had the time to compare to my original but will do so when I have time. We are getting ready for the Memorial Day weekend. Having another big bunch out at our river place. Here is a pic.

Can you hook me up with a web address for Cars? Tried searching for it, but with the name CARS it just brings up EVERYTHING automotive.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You can also check here, although it lo0oks like he only has the Impala interiors avilable so far.
http://www.ciadellainteriors.com/

Pete Ciadella was the original manufacturer of the 55-57 interiors in the 70's and sold out to CARS. He has since re-entered the business and is currently advertising in Hemmings.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
CARS Inc, makes some really nice interior sets :clap I have seen their quality up close several times