Looking For Good Body Shop (KY, OH, WVA area)

409Inmyblood

Restoring a 62 Bubbletop. I am looking for a good quality, reputable body shop to remove and install both quarters, trunk, and full floors. I have all the new sheet metal. I would also like them to paint the body and finish it ready for assembly. I have the frame done, new interior, driveline completed, but no longer have a place to paint. I know it will be expensive, but I am looking for someone that will do a good job and not keep the car for 2 years. You guys have any suggestions? I live in northern KY.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Good luck,everyone I am talking to for my impala are 18 to 24 months out.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
You are looking for a restoration shop. A body shop/collision repair shop makes its money from the insurance companies. Look at how the shop advertises or represents it’s service. It will save you time.

409Inmyblood

Thanks! I know what to look for as I done this work myself for 40 years myself, just lost my garage and hoping to find some good recommendations. Most of the older resto shops in my area have switched to insurance based, collision repair work - too much money to be made bolting on cheap foreign parts, slapping on a base-clear paint job, and sending them out the door quick. Thanks for your help!