Lost my best friend

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I know this isn't car related but my almost 10 year old Yorkie got sick so the wife and I rushed him to the doggy er where than ran a bunch of tests and comes to find out he was in complete renal failure so they said they where going to do doggy dialysis to flush him out( my 73 year old mom died from this 3 years ago) and they might need to keep him two nights and to go home and wait and shit you not two hours later they called and said he had a heart attack and died. I'm absolutely besides myself as he loved going in the garage with me and would roll on his back to destract me from the cars for a good belly rub. Dogs are definitely a man's best friend. I had to call out of work for the 4th time today in 32.5 years working at same place.as I don't think it's manly to see a grown man driving a freightliner with tears rolling down my cheeks. I'm putting this on here because this is my favorite place to come and think Bear deserves it RIP BUDDY20210720_162122.jpg20210613_075006.jpg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Know exactly what you are going though ,last two were two yorkie brothers got a month or so old, lived about 12 years .spent$$$$ on one to try and save him ,other had to put him down . You will think about the good times you had with them ,i still do.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
dogs are far more than pets, they live in our soul...sorry to hear of you buddies passing, keep the light burning by remembering all those times he took you away from your car but looking for belly rubs...my 98 lb. dutchie still rolls over like a puppy seeking my attention...he gets all he can deal with, my dearest friend is 9 years old, GSD dogs don't do well after 11 years...

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sorry for you loss. I lost my childhood dog just as I graduated high school Never forget that Dachshund. Many of the photos I have as a young man working on my 63' Impala and later my 64' Impala have my dachshund setting there watching me wrench in the picture. We now have 4 cats and the oldest is 13-14 and when she goes our house will be shut down for awhile. My wife and I picked her up together at the shelter together when we first started dating. Right after that she won the DesMoines Register Top cat award with a state wide contest to find the "top cat". From shelter to fame!