Mason Dixon Dragway

430hp

Mason Dixon Dragway in Hagerstown Md. will be having a new nostalgic event June 29th 2014. Nostalgic drags, nostalgic rasce cars on display, and car show. They are going to feature 348-409 race cars. The Hayden Proffitt 62 Bel-air will be on display. Al Loy and his 409 powered 62 Biscayne will be match racing against Jerry Chevery in his 409 62 bel-air newly out on the race circuit. Come and join us with your "W" motor cars and help us make this a memorable event.

alloy409

Well Known Member
Looking for anybody who would enjoy a day of nostalgia fun. Gary Gore, who is one of the most successful nostalgia promoters in our area, is doing the first time ever event at Hagerstown,MD, Mason-Dixon Dragway. I've been a strong supporter and participant of his shows since 2008. The pro stick club, along with the S&S Raceteam, and many original gassers, along with slingshot rails will be on display. Along with Ron's Hayden Profitt car, there will be match racing with a flag man. Gary is making a special effort to feature 348-409 cars. Remember, you can display, race or both. Also, I'm looking for nice 409's to enter the 32 grid. That's where we pair up on the drag strip and Gary goes around with his mic and interviews you with your car. This is the first thing in the morning before any racing. (There is also a separate car show.). I need help in order to make this a strong 348-409 showing. Who's interested? June 29th. Go on www.capitalcruisin.com/shows.html

alloy409

Well Known Member
Hey everybody, the deal just got a little sweeter for the Mason-Dixon event. Just got an email from track promoter Gary Gore. He is giving us a special display section for W powered cars. He will not only display the cars but interview each car owner. This display will be next to the staging area. His parting comment to me was "Let's make a big roduction out of this."

430hp

Great News! I just talked with Carl Bucks last night, team Wully Bully has committed to the Mason-Dixon event. The list of "W" powered cars is growing! Looks like Brian is also on board. Don't miss out :oops,
come join us in making this a spectacular event!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Great News! I just talked with Carl Bucks last night, team Wully Bully has committed to the Mason-Dixon event. The list of "W" powered cars is growing! Looks like Brian is also on board. Don't miss out :oops,
come join us in making this a spectacular event!
Call Carl back and tell him.....................Hayden would like for him to be at Great Bend also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap I would too!!!!!!!!!!

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
it kicked one of it's aluminum rods. the oil passage side of the block is broken. I may be able to make this race after all. my car is not W powered, but it''ll be fun to be there. I do hope to see my friends there. it's only about 45 mins ride for me. I sure hope to see Shan Dalley again. maybe he will want to take my car for a 10.0 pass? (I'll pull a plug wire)

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Bob, glad to hear you are going to be there.:clap I will try extra hard to make it. :D It's been a long time , you took Fred's car for a test drive the last time I saw you.:rub

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That stinks, but at least it's a bbc and not a W block. They are all getting harder and harder to find. I have sold some of my big block parts to build my W, but none of the blocks. They are probably the closest thing I have to a retirement fund.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
540 shortblock together, heads done, tires on order...looks like i can make it. I may be still bolting stuff on at the track, but I will be there with car or without. JEEZ, I hope I can recall how to drive the thing. Shan, I very much remember convincing Fred to bring the 63 unfinished and we all chipped in and got it running at Norwalk.