Mason Dixon Dragway

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
part of that day is gonna suck. a footbrake class with no year limit means a flood of fox body mustangs to have to send home early. even the nostalgia class allows up to 1985. oh well, the old "White Tornado" has found the winners circle before, lets Roll.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I dont know where that is, and this is the first I have heard. whats going on? plus the other problem, I am not W powered anymore.
It is the National Convention #2 (first was in 2004) in Great Bend Kansas. Shaping up to be the largest 348/409 and 1958 to 1965 gathering ever!! I can't speak for everyone, but you'd be welcomed by me even without W power.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'm all set for the 29th anybody gonna "match race" there Chevies? is anything set-up? any of you wanna race me? here's a shot of Dick MacKenzie and myself having a fun pass at Cecil County a few years back. matched up Chevies make a better pic than anything else

Attachments

• CCB9743-2-XL.jpg
    CCB9743-2-XL.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 42

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'm all set for the 29th anybody gonna "match race" there Chevies? is anything set-up? any of you wanna race me? here's a shot of Dick MacKenzie and myself having a fun pass at Cecil County a few years back. matched up Chevies make a better pic than anything else
Sure!! I'm in :dance

Last edited:

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
OK, that'll be fun. looks like we may run heads up and door to door. 10.0 is the "speed limit". I hope somebody will get a good pic or video that we can see.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Great pictures!! I don't remember seeing the Bronze & Blood car before. Any underhood shots of it?

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks for sharing.....sure love the stance of Bob's 63.....perfect!!!

Last edited:

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the pics;, Brian. Would love to hear some e.t.s from those who attended. That was quite a gathering of 409s.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
here is a video somebody made of my car then included the 409 cars. it was great to see you guys, I had NO IDEA we would be in different classes. I wanted to run with you guys. I was in the Nostalgia Eliminator class. this is my first pass. new tires, new shortblock and a rusty driver on a hot slippery track. we only got one time run, so i pulled a dial in outta my bu8tt. I dialed 6.25 the first two rounds I went 6.26 then third round a .27 fourth round into the money I ran under with a 6.248 on the brakes. bummer, I was close. I only got to see some of the 409 cars go. I was happy to see the guys I know like Shan and Alan. great to meet the rest of you.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Great pictures!! I don't remember seeing the Bronze & Blood car before. Any underhood shots of it?

The gold Belair belongs to Jerry Chevery of Joppa MD (near Baltimore). Jerry has been working on getting it to the track for a long while. Sunday was the first time he's been behind the wheel. He was pretty excited (heII I was pretty excited!).

Here's the under hood shot. In fact the car is so new the hood wasn't finished in time for the event Sunday. (I screwed up the setting on my camera and didn't realize it for a while, sorry for the poor quality)

IMG_2053.jpg

In the first run the throttle linkage broke which is why they pushed the car back from the starting line as you may have seen in the video Bob Walker posted above. Here's Ron Strisofsky (owner of the Hayden Proffitt 62) making the repairs. Jerry in the background.

IMG_2051.jpg

Back in the pits. Allen George's Blue Screamer in the background.

IMG_2054.jpg

How is this for a rig? !!!

IMG_2079.jpg

I have films of the runs. As soon as I get them stitched together I'll post them.

Last edited: