May be time for a change

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
What Tom said!!!!!!!!!!!!!
James..............you have a car that nobody wants to buy. I doubt if those buyers will be there after you put a whole lot of labor and $10K...$20K into a race car. Just trying to be practical. Buy a car you like and then turn it into a race car.
JMHO............................and you know what Don thinks about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ozzie7

Well Known Member
I remember that Stardust car back in the day.... very cool indeed.
It would also be cool to see a repro of it.

I tend to sway toward keeping things stock but sometimes the cost to get it there might be more than what it would be worth in the end.
I have a "project" Monza Spyder that I've had for many years but it just won't be worth the investment and now I've got this new "W" interest... so the Spyder has got to go.

It could be a tough decision but .... what is that I spy behind that Riviera in your first pic?
Edit: Now I see ... it's the BA409.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You said buy a car, that made me laugh Phil.
If I buy one and give over 300 it must be a real peach.

I like the Charger as a race car
Don't worry Tom the Mint-To-Be will be on the front burner.

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
66/67 Chargers bring very good money, you must be dealing with a bunch of low lifes. If it's not a rust bucket it'll fetch $10K as it sits. I wouldn't ruin it with those qtrs. but it's your car.

You must live in a special part of the globe. 66=67 Chargers are not known for resale. I have no idea what he priced the car at but anything above five grand would not turn a head in my area. The 68-71 versions seem to have a following with higher values and more interest. Course there are always the dreamers. On our Craigs List an average midwest well used 68 was for sale, " best offer ". He states he recently turned down 40k for it. No e mail address, just a phone number. I feel he would have received a few responses with real world pricing. Not being a Chrysler fan I can't see the fascination with the large long body. Also amazed The Chrysler group is built in Canada, Mexico, and Italy. I thought they were an American manufactured car / truck division but apparently not. The best item they have going is exclusive use of the Cummins truck engine.