Measurements for 63 283 emblem on fender?

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Bob,
Those are datum lines or reference lines if you prefer and are measured from the centerline of the body for lateral holes like on the firewall (see Section 1), and from an imaginary 0 horizontal reference line (CL) measured down from a point below the lowest point on the body (3.85" on the 62, I don't have a 63 assembly manual) and a fore and aft 0 reference line located a specific distance rearward from a point on the top of the radiator support filler (Sheet 14 Sect 11-13 in 62 AIM).Positive numbers are above the horizontal line and aft of the vertical line. Negative numbers are forward of the vertical 0 line and positive aft.
It takes a few steps to get to the hole you want to locate but it works.....kinda like tramming a frame.
What do you think Bob?????????:D:D

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
So along with the 1st measure.....I attached with strong magnets a carpenters square,EVEN with the top of the fender moulding holes.....used a metal rule off the square straight to CL of flag insgnia hole......came up with 3 7/32".........
IMAG1295.jpg IMAG1287.jpg IMAG1289.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
So along with the 1st measure.....I attached with strong magnets a carpenters square,EVEN with the top of the fender moulding holes.....used a metal rule off the square straight to CL of flag insgnia hole......came up with 3 7/32".........
View attachment 34817 View attachment 34818 View attachment 34819

Thanks for the great pics! It makes sense to me now that I'm awake. :D

Will see what it looks like in person and if good, will get some drill action going...