Meltdown Drags July 20th - 22nd

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Maybe head gasket?
Nope. Crack from one of the rear head bolt holes to valve cover gasket rail. About 1/2" long but I don't know if it runs down the bolt hole or not yet. Happened when the heads got cooked on the dyno and just didn't notice it till I ran it and dumped the oil.
Time for some aluminum heads here.
Nope!

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nope. Crack from one of the rear head bolt holes to valve cover gasket rail. About 1/2" long but I don't know if it runs down the bolt hole or not yet. Happened when the heads got cooked on the dyno and just didn't notice it till I ran it and dumped the oil.

Nope!
Can it be repaired Dan?

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
It was a fun time. Didn't get the 3rd run with James for the tie breaker, maybe next time. Saturday night I got the jump him and ran 7.34 for the win. Sunday he got an 002 light ran an 11.59 & I ran 11.57 (new best time for me) but he got there first. So we need a tie breaker. Don't know when that will be. Maybe the crusher can set up a meet next year for a Mid-West shootout.

James it was fun and a pleasure meeting you, hopefully we will meet again. I'm not home yet, doing some sightseeing with my family. Should be home by Sunday, it's a long haul from SLC, UT., but a great time.