Meltdown Drags

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Looks as if this event is filled up. Are they going to have a 409 shootout & if so do we have to register or are we already too late? I might be able to make this one. Also running stick Chevy rally wheels which I would think are acceptable. Thanks.

Joel

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
I am Lonnie, thanks. Looking for some events that aren't too far for me to travel. Missed the oldies but goodies event at Woodburn, OR last weekend . Now my car is sick. Don't know what is the problem. Does not want to idle & stay running. Seems as if it is running rich, we can clear it out but then it wants to idle high & when put into gear drops down to 600 & won't run. Have completely rebuilt the carbs, replaced the 6AL box & still something not right. Getting ready to dig deeper & see what we come u with. Any suggestions or ideas. Thanks.

Joel

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Joel, did you check the floats to see if they had any fuel in them from a leak?:dunno We had a relatively new Edelbrock that had a leaky float a couple years ago.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Period Correct Matters:
We are going to tighten up the following criteria to ensure that we remain period correct:

Wheels:
We are tightening up our criteria on wheels. For 2017 Rod Lite wheels are no longer allowed. While they may appear from a distance to look similar to slots of the 60’s they look too modern. If you currently run these wheels…you have 7+ months to change them. Also, moon discs will only be allowed as a one year exemption. You must purchase correct wheels to replace the moon discs. Back in the 60’s the widest wheel that was produced was 10 inches wide which would allow at most a 12 inch tire. Any wheels and tires wider than these requirements will not be allowed.

Wheelie Bars:
In 1966 wheelie bars did not stick out excessively behind door cars. Modern wheelie bars stand out and do not fit the intent of the Meltdown. Cars with wheelie bars that do not appear period correct will be asked to remove them or change them in order to participate.

Non-Period correct numbering or decals:
We recognize that people race at other events other than the Meltdown but non-period correct numbers or decals such as “pro” in your window that is part of your bracket racing must be removed.