Metal project: Jeep Frame build

bobs409

Administrator
Well, my Jeep looks like it's ready to deliver the mail. :D

It's a different look for sure but I like it. Not as tough looking as it was but looks cool.

As with everything in my life, I had to have some drama. The 4 tires showed up a day early! 3 of the wheels arrived Saturday a few days ahead of schedule but 3??? Was a little worried about the 4th but I decided to mount, balance and install the 3 I had today. Mounting went smoother than I thought and they ran straight on my spin balancer and balanced up nice. (days like this is when I'm glad I have a tire machine and spin balancer)

I was then going back out to install them after a coffee break and I see a nice big box on the porch! Yeah!!! Fedex delivered on Sunday. So I went thru the process one more time for the 4th one and put them all on.

I was right on these from the pictures, the tread of the tires is right at the limit for stick out, even with the fender flare. Any less back space and you would be over the limit. You can't even find custom wheels with a 5.5 back space! They are all the 4 inch like the wheels I took off.

So I couldn't resist a test ride. Feels nice. Not much gain in performance, I guess a little. It steers easier and I think rides better.

What an adventure it's been! :thud

DSCN4216.jpgDSCN4217.jpgDSCN4218.jpgDSCN4220.jpgDSCN4221.jpgDSCN4222.jpgDSCN4223.jpgDSCN4225.jpg
DSCN4226.jpg
DSCN4228.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
I'm doing my happy dance: :flag :woohoo

My Jeep just passed it's PA inspection! :happy

I took it to a new place and left them go over it. They were quite thorough, no free pass. All went well! (other than the rear wheel being fused to the hub from the powdercoat!) I didn't realize it was grabbing that tight when I put them on. (had a lot on my mind!) Will have to get the other side off sometime soon when I feel like having a work out. :sweat(luckily, this only affected the rear wheels)

Just a little more drama before we close this chapter of my life. I took it back to that other place a few days ago thinking they would just put a sticker on it now that the wheels/tires have been changed. NOPE! About 10 cars I'd have to wait for because "they would have to pull it back in again". I said, you already did all that. ???? I can only assume they just don't want my money so I went elsewhere! :roll

So, that's the last time they'll see me! I had issues with that place before on something I'd rather not get into but now they are out of chances with me. I'm not mad over them making me change my wheels/tires, I understood the reason. In fact I really am liking my "new" Jeep so not sad at all. :D