modern fuel injection in a 348 or 409?

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Looks like a custom set up to me Mark. The listing says "Algon Electronic Fuel Injection". The manifold
looks similar to one from the sixties. See Below:

Original
27095642-581-Algon-Fuel-Injection-for-348-or-409.jpg

Car in ad:
CA0812-134016_5.jpg

Probably had injectors and fuel rails added to an original intake. JMO :dunno

58mark

Well Known Member
Thanks. just thinking ahead. The coral impala will keep its stock 348, but I'm considering building a restomod to go with it. That way I can act out my impulse to mod without messing up my Dad's car.

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
The car in the original link was built by Dennis McClendon (aka; Denny Mac). The intake is indeed an Algon converted to EFI. He has also built a '62 Bel Air hardtop with an EFI-coverted Algon.

BB1960

Well Known Member
Thanks. just thinking ahead. The coral impala will keep its stock 348, but I'm considering building a restomod to go with it. That way I can act out my impulse to mod without messing up my Dad's car.

If you are looking for something that is easy to install, gives good driveability and could be hidden under a 14x3 filter, try the powerjection III by professional products. I've got one on my 348 and love it. It uses a holley flange, I use an Edelbrock performer rpm intake with mine and it fits great. The biggest hassle is installing a return line (you can buy a returnless system) which really isn't that hard. Tuning for an average engine is simple, a few check boxes and it does the rest itself.

I'm pretty sure you can get one that does fuel and spark, the model I have is fuel only........

Cold start is great and it idles very well....... Thumbs up from me.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Mike,Go to the Professional Products web site for pictures and info.about his setup.I dont think it's availeable with ign.tunning,but the Holley,and MSD units are [require a dist change],and F.A.S.T makes a system as well.All four units are "self tunning",the prices run from about 1800-2200 dollars for the kits,anbd at least one other member here has one of the P.P. units on his 409 roadster,and he loves it.