National Impala Association (NIA)

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I just got a flyer in the mail from the NIA announcing an event to be held July 27 - August 1 2008. Race day is set for July 30th (rain date is July 31rst). Location is Indianapolis, IN.

Go to www.nationalimpala.com for details. I suspect many of you who attended the 2004 National Convention also received this flyer.

Anyone planning on attending?

Cheers!
TomK

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Got my flyer today, too. It sounds like a great event and I wish I lived closer. Just too far for me to travel to. I hope a lot of others can attend and take lots of pictures for us who can't.

Paul

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Tom.........thank you for mentioning this for me.

Back when Jody was planning this event, I told him I would help in anyway I could. So he had some flyers printed up and sent them to me. I mailed one to all the registered participants who came to KC in 2004 for our convention. Denny Ford called Wed. and said he didn't know anything about it. But he and Deb are coming and bringing the 62 Biscayne!! Candy & I will be there too. Hope Jody gets a good turnout because I know first hand....how important the registrations are!!!!

Dick........since Denny is coming now...and you are such a huge Denny Ford fan......you need to come too!!!! Now I AM the self-appointed President of the Denny Ford Fan Club........I need a Vice-President........if you come, we will have an election and you will inducted into that office!!!!

Hope to see as many of the midwest members as possible. Loren...gearhead, are you planning on coming? Might be a good time for another group photo like Norwalk last year.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Brian and Ronnie................ROAD TRIP!!!! Be gone for 4 days and get a free sunburn!!!!

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Dick........since Denny is coming now...and you are such a huge Denny Ford fan......you need to come too!!!! Now I AM the self-appointed President of the Denny Ford Fan Club........I need a Vice-President........if you come, we will have an election and you will inducted into that office!!!!

Denny!!!! I need a ride to Indy!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Attendance at Indy

I'm pretty certain I'm going to make this event. It seems something has come up each time this summer, and I've missed EVERYTHING to date. Missed a Musclecar Reunion in St. Louis, missed the Bowling Green event, missed the trip to North Carolina, heck I even missed a local Cruise-In last Saturday. I haven't driven the SS car nearly enough this summer, and I need a fix :) :) :).

Indy is close enough for me to drive over there and enjoy the NIA event. Phil, do you know whether we need to plan ahead and secure lodging, or is there a chance for "camping", etc.? I'm not that well structured that I can plan ahead, I just get a hair and take off at the last minute. I do get the vehicle ready the night before, that's about it :).

Cheers!
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Sounds great!!! Looks like we are starting to get a "crowd" together!!! Looks like beer sales in Indy will be up too!!!!:roll:roll:roll

Tom......I don't anything about camping so I just called the Adams Mark. Their standard rate is $129 but tell them you are with the NIA and that rate is $99.50. The Adams Mark is Jody's host hotel so I imagine most of the guys will be staying there!! We will be coming in on Tues.

Looking forward to all the visits!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Sounds great!!! Looks like we are starting to get a "crowd" together!!! Looks like beer sales in Indy will be up too!!!!:roll:roll:roll

Tom......I don't anything about camping so I just called the Adams Mark. Their standard rate is $129 but tell them you are with the NIA and that rate is $99.50. The direct number to the Adams Mark is 317-248-2481. The Adams Mark is Jody's host hotel so I imagine most of the guys will be staying there!! We will be coming in on Tues.

Looking forward to all the visits!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
CARS...and more cars

Forgot to mention....I know said earlier that Rusty Symmes with have his bubbletop here.

Also, I have a good friend Gary Jespersen, Colorado Springs, who restores cars. He is bringing one of the finest examples of a 62 bubbletop....black...red interior with a Z-11 top half!! Gary did this car a couple of years ago and it has scored in the 990's!! Gary is also bringing a 63 425HP SS convertible that he is just finishing up. Both cars will be worth the price of admission!! I'm sure there will be a lot of cars but just heard about these last week.

Roniie..........can you and Brian bring Barry's new car?????? PLEASE!!!!

cheap1

Supporting Member 1
I just got a flyer in the mail from the NIA announcing an event to be held July 27 - August 1 2008. Race day is set for July 30th (rain date is July 31rst). Location is Indianapolis, IN.

Go to www.nationalimpala.com for details. I suspect many of you who attended the 2004 National Convention also received this flyer.

Anyone planning on attending?

Cheers!
TomK

Do you have to be a member of NIA to participate? Just a two hour ride from LaPorte

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Membership considerations

Apparently you do not have to be an NIA member to attend. Might be some advantage to be a member -- for example, the swap meet is for members only.

You might call (612) 727-2404 to confirm.

Cheers!
TomK

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Nia

I am sure going to hate missing this event. But at least I'll be in Phil Reed's favorite place, Alaska on vacation. Hope all you guys have a great time, and I will be looking forward to all the posts and pictures when I get back.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
But at least I'll be in Phil Reed's favorite place, Alaska on vacation.

Shan...............did you get that nasty message I left on your answering machine?????!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a great trip and I would like to hear all the deatils when you get back!!!!

Heard that we are having a West Coast member attending now!!!!:clap:clap

Also..........Larry Barnes called this week. Said he was 99% sure he was coming. Larry Barnes..............he is the crazy one who has the 54 Corvette with the aluminum Z-11 in it!!!! I asked him if I could drive it on Wed. at the drags!!!!!!!!!!! We'll see!!!!:dunno:dunno:dunno

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Phil, I called 3 times but you were never there. Had space for two more but had to give them up. Sorry. :dunno Hope I didn't wreck your day. :roll
In all honesty I hope everyone has a great time at the NIA and will be looking forward to the posts. Phil & Denny keep an eye out for Terry, the guy that takes the good pictures. He will be there at the Track Wednesday.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Phil, I called 3 times but you were never there. Had space for two more but had to give them up. Sorry. :dunno Hope I didn't wreck your day. :roll

You just did!!!!

Going up the Inside Passage? Make sure you go inland to see the real Alaska!!! Have a great trip Shannon!!

Terry was our trackside photographer at Norwalk....did a great job!!!!

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Indy

Hey guys ............I'm back ! :dunno

I've been missing for some time , but i have now been found :roll:roll:roll

I'll be at indy unless something else happens , as Tom K. said i've missed everything this year and most of last year .

Dick said he needed a ride , i have room & i'll get Bo rounded up to crew for me .

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome home Denny,,,,,,,, We sure have missed you. NIA-Indy will be a blast. Wished I could make , but things didn't work out. It seems only fitting that the President of the Denny Ford fanclub should buy you and the crew at least one good meal, especially since he has had a great year raiding parts. Wheels up, my friend, have a great time. :cheers