National Impala Association (NIA)

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Locations?

Does anyone have the locations (address, etc.) so I can MapQuest these events? Seems the July 30th drags are somewhere other than the other events. I tried looking through the NIA web site to no avail, maybe I missed something? I guess I could call them and get directions.

Will be travelling to Ohio later this week to visit high school buddies and then Mom in Cleveland. Return date is Monday or Tuesday, just when the NIA stuff begins. Will not have the SS car :(. Might zip home (through Indy!) then get the SS car and drive back, but that's still iffy...

Easy solution would be to drive the SS car to Ohio, but then I leave my buddy James behind as he's out of town when I depart later this week... How is it things get soooo complicated?

Best,
TomK

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
From a 15 year NIA member

the racing will be at Indianapolis Raceway Park (O'Riellys)

I have all the info at home. I can post any info. I think it is all on the web sight Tom K listed.

I plan to be there for the race. No 09:cry I hope to have a SLOW 65 Biscayne 396 4 speed with me. (bored to 409:D) ugly too.

CHEVROLET DAY AT THE DRAGS
A Featured Event of the 28th Annual NIA Convention
O'Reilly Raceway Park - Home of the US Nationals
Indianapolis IN - July 30, 2008
(Rain Date - July 31st)
For more information and registration contact:
Jody Schmeisser
847-872-7257
9am-4pm CT Mon-Fri

http://www.nationalimpala.com/documents/DRAGSFINALPDF.pdf

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Thanks!

Thanks for the details. I called and talked to Jody today and found that the first few days are right there at the Adams Mark Hotel and that the July 30th day at the track is about 15 minutes from there.

Still have plans to stop by on the way back from Ohio :). Haven't made reservations at yet... but I understand there are other rooms nearby.

Best,
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Ronnie!!!!

I know it's hard for you to be spontaneous so here's what I would like you to do..............

Next Monday at 4:09 PM........call Brian and and say...."Hey...........Virgina and have been talking and you know all those guys that will be in Indy this week that we know.............how 'bout throwing some jeans and t-shirts in your duffle bag...........and we'll just drive up there for 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!! You can stop by here on your way and we'll leave from my house."

Now I know that Melissa probably can't get off work on such short notice.........but in another thread Brian was braggin' that he didn't have any problem picking up chicks.......SO.........you would have several truck stops between Ladonia and Indy that Brian could have his choice of several Lot Lizzards that he could bring with him!!!! We could even get a grass roots contest going about Brian's choice.....best looking, fattest, tallest, which one farts the loudest....the choices are endless!!!!

WHADDA THINK????????

Plus...they are having a Fire Fighter's convention right next door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the invite Phil, I am in the middle of prepping and painting new fiberglass doors and deck lid for Barry. Sounds easy, doesnt it? So far , 4 days -working 9 to 5 in this comfy 100 dg days. I hate fiberglass. My first,,,my last. Think I can get through be next Tuesday, and after that , I'm gonna take a rest. I will be thinking of you guys and gals up there in Indy. Sorry to miss it, but I will be up there for the 2009 348-409 get together, no matter where it is held. Have fun. :beerbang:beerbang

gearhead409

Well Known Member
Indy

i love these last min. decisions. jimmie and i are leaving here at 5am to join in on the fun at the track Wed. we are bringing his black 63 belair, hope we don't get rained out! see you all there. Loren