Need for speed.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Here it is only weeks into fall and I already have a bad case of acceleration Jones. I have the fierce compulsion to remove the exhaust system from the Impala, install the header extensions, bolt on the slicks and start looking for ways to pair some weight off the car. I havn't heard the wife complain for weeks that I smell like exhaust fumes and I haven't had the aroma of burnt rubber :bow sting my nose for it seems like, like forever. :doh I have the overwhelming desire to pull this thing south and find some dry pavement. How long can it possably be to warm, dry weather again :dunno I think I'll get the blow up mattress out of storage and sleep under the rack tonite! :evil

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
there's a few more weeks left around here. the trax arent closed yet. i hear ya man.....need to fry some tires. c'mon down, u can take the white tornado for a lap. that way i getr to watch it go.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Man,who ever invented that darn word winter!!!!!! They should have hung him up by his little fingers for inventing that word. !!!!!! I don't do the race thing,just the show and cruise thing.Thats just about over as well.Two shows left and a few more weeks for cruise ins,in the Baltimore area until 2008. Gosh do I hate this time of year.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here it is only weeks into fall and I already have a bad case of acceleration Jones. I have the fierce compulsion to remove the exhaust system from the Impala, install the header extensions, bolt on the slicks and start looking for ways to pair some weight off the car. I havn't heard the wife complain for weeks that I smell like exhaust fumes and I haven't had the aroma of burnt rubber :bow sting my nose for it seems like, like forever. :doh I have the overwhelming desire to pull this thing south and find some dry pavement. How long can it possably be to warm, dry weather again :dunno I think I'll get the blow up mattress out of storage and sleep under the rack tonite! :evil

Wello you could have went to the Super Chevy 409 Shootout:doh

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I feel your pain man! I spent 2k and busted my *** and it rained me out. :mad:
It's supposed to be 57 and cloudy this weekend but clear and dry soooo I may come home with ice hanging from the bug catcher but I'll get one more ride in:beerbang

I'll be praying to the 1320 god for ya fatride!!

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Fatride, I feel your pain!!!! Our season ending race was just a couple of weeks ago and I already miss the racing. Hopefully, a trip to the chasis dyno next week will help to fill in the void (sorry guys my car is not W powered yet).

Our track is still open on Sunday's. Maybe you could book the 409 room at Phil's hotel and get your fix at KCIR!!!

TomO

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You guys have it good back east :takethat
Our season seems to end at the end of september !!!!:bang

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
KCIR results?

So TomO, how did the end of your season go? Is there a Big Trophy on the fireplace?

We missed the event when James' '67 Charger lost its starter. He came back Friday night around 2:00 PM in tow. I was to go out Saturday, but since he came back, I stayed in town Saturday and worked on the construction project :(.

Our weather is in the high 50s and low 60s, clear skies, but it is November :).

Cheers,
TomK

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tom K - I am the 2007 VAMP Factory Stock Class Champ and 2nd in overall series points . Ended up wining 6 out of 7 events. At the end of 06' season I was getting my tail lights handed to me by a good friend with a 56' chev. This year the tables were turned due to: 1) better reaction times (practic tree paid off), 2) 60' ft were more consistent due to the drag radials, 3) weather station/time slip records so that I could adjust weight and stay tight to the index and 4) I have been "adopted" by a great group of ex-AHRA/NHRA racers that worked the mental part of my racing.

I raced against the 56' in every final this year. Steve and I are typically within a hundreth at the tree and at stripe. So we are or the most part bumper to bumper all the way down the track. My car is tuned with weight so that it is ran "all out" every pass but yet stay off the break out. It is a grudge match every time we come to the line - even in qualifications - we truly enjoy racing each other.

The 07' racing season was increadible for me and that is why I FEEL FATRIDE'S PAIN. I have the drag racing bug real bad.

TomO

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Congrats Tom!!:beerbang

No sing along to the tune of jingle bells

Dashing through the snow,
In a nitro-powered sleigh.
O’er the strip we go,
Laughing all the way.
Pull your straps on tight,
Don’t get a red light.
Let the engine sing,
Its racing song tonight.

Oh, drag racing, drag racing,
Drag race all the way,
Oh, what fun it is to ride,
In a nitro-powered sleigh, hey!
Drag racing, drag racing,
Drag race all the way,

Enter the Big Go,
With your Funny Car.
Don’t start out too slow,
Or you won’t get too far.
Stage it up just right,
According to the tach.
Unleash all its might,
And steer it down the track.

Drag race all the way,
Drag race all the way,

Keep it nice and straight,
For best speed and time.
Firing on all eight,
To the finish line.
Then pop out the chute,
And get on the brakes.
The thrill is absolute,
For those with what it takes.

Drag race all the way,
Drag race all the way,

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Congrats TomO................:clap

A friend of mine locally won the ET Championship and I helped him
out a lot by NOT turning any wrenches for him....:roll

so I know how hard you worked to get yours..........:bow

:cheers :cheers

bj

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Contratulations Tom, Looking forward to you winning the points championship with a w-head engine. Good luck for 2008 :)

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well this has a way of putting a smile back into November.:D

Its the first time I saw this clip.

Ron

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
You've gotta love the way Danny Goveia's car launches.:beerbang
I'm sure that he could get it to launch flat easy enough, but what fun would that be?

Attachments

• DSC02212.jpg
    DSC02212.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 51