NEVER A GOOD TIME TO GET CANCER

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Prayers to your wife & you including your whole family.
The C word is nothing to take for granted as you well know.
i lost both of my parents at a very late age (80’s).
Treat it as a war and if you don’t like what you hear ask for 2nd & 3rd opinions.
The virus that’s going around is surely bad news, you can work around it.
With my area being one of the hardest hit in the country (Detroit) you lean fast how to live around it.
The big C can be beaten as many have, so go after it.
As I said you have my prayers.

Dave

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry to here about your wife and talk about stressful as it's a darn waiting game until tests come back!!!!! Sucky timing with all this other crap going on and having to go out to doctors with the chance of being exposed and we will all be thinking of you and your family with our fingers crossed for you guys.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I am sympathetic to your current situation. There are no words that will calm your fear. I can say with certainty that you and yours will weather this storm. One person will have to put on a happy face at daybreak ,,,,every day. Be an anchor, every thing you do with a positive attitude will make a difference. When you have to cry, and you will, find a safe space away from everyone. Be strong brother, you have friends here.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Prayers sent from around the globe.
My mother whom a few of you met at great bend beat breast cancer 22 years ago. Chemo, Radiation and a bunch of her own foods
Her opinion was that her frame of mind was what helped the best, having a motor bike and not being able to think of cancer while going fast was her therapist.
She still recons that her attitude and that of those around her was the best medicine
All the best with your battle

Steve

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
with faith in the Lord all things are possible...my linda spent 3.5 years fighting the disease but succumbed to it...a year later I was diagnosed with liver cancer but made it thru the 5 year cancer free part of my life just 3 months ago...prayers will be said brother, God bless and keep the both of you strong...

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I understand what you are going thru.My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer 4 years ago.As others have stated it is humbling.But with the advancements in cancer treatment,proper diet,and a positive attitude it can be beaten.
You have our prayers.

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey, dont give up hope man... Jeanne, my wife, she works at one of the largest hospitals in Boston, RN that leads the IV team. In fact shes on as we speak. She's one of the people that covers the campus, ICU's, oncology units poking you with things and giving meds.. Anyway, I write this to give you hope and tell you to STOP thinking bad thoughts...

She comes home with sad stories, like a woman this week, 25yrs old and 24months pregnant that is likely to die from covid. Sad man....

HOWEVER, there are 1,000 stories of greatness and perseverance from the oncology unit of people that had the will and recovered when there was little hope... I've lived it man, she comes home crying for a mother with stage 4, given little hope and just before they go to "comfort measures", theres a turn and they LIVE!!!!!! FIGHT MAN, get bullshit pissed and she will feed from your strength, your kids will feed from that strength and help her.. Pick your self up, show NO fear!

Im not peddling false hope, I might be out of line, but im telling you straight, and HOPE all of you hear this, THERE IS A CHANCE!!!!. HJeanne sees every day.. PULL YOURSELF UP AND FIGHT!!! A week, year, 10 years from now, you will remember this time as a time you dug in and we all are here to prey your rewarded

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
UPDATE: Sara's MRI info came back as not having any other masses which is great news. We also found out that Sara's HER2 gene states the cancer is not aggressive. Blood work for Genetic code is a couple weeks out. If she didn't inherit the cancer gene from family then we should have an uneventful lump removal and some radiation with no Chemo but we have to wait and see. If she did get it from family then double mastectomy and Chemo if I remember right. Still trying to keep all of this straight. Hope for the best and pray against the worst. We will see. Everything can change based upon the blood work. Thanks again for everyone's well wishes. I wouldn't be so concerned if this would have happened before this year but Corvid-19 has changed the landscape with some 50,000 Americans having died now. We aren't half way through this yet and we are already able to fill professional baseball stadiums with the number of dead Americans. Wrap your head around the last large crowd event you went to and think about how everyone there is dead in a matter of months. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._stadiums_by_capacity will help you see stadium capacity.
My head isn't filled with negative thoughts either. I'm having to point out how serious this issue is because there are a large number of people who care more about their hobbies, their wallets, their lively hood and not their lives or the lives of the people around them. This virus is only showing the trouble some of us humans have with other humans. Very sad and now personally scary due to my wife needing to go outside of our compound to seek treatment.
Take care and stay safe guys. Next time I go to a stadium I don't want to think about anyone I know being in the crowd of souls that didn't make it past this pandemic.

Junky

Well Known Member
I have to agree with Plumcrazy, since I have a friend that was diagnosed with stage 4 inoperable cancer about 4 months ago. The doctors kept encouraging him to go into hospice, but he refused, and kept pushing them to treat him. Now, 4 months later, he is out of the hospital, and getting stronger, and they are now saying that he has a bright future ahead of him. My best wishes and prayers for your wife and family. Keep on fighting.. We all will make it out of Covid, as long as we act smart, and avoid others until it blows over.