New exhaust & springs all around.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well it’s time for a new exhaust system for the 62. Nothing fancy here just the next size up from stock in stainless steel from Show-Cars for a HI-PO engine from the manifold s back. Got the exhaust manifolds ceramic coated also.
Decided at the same time to fix 2 body mounts that were bad too.
Years ago I put in new Moog springs from Summit at all four corners. Haven’t liked the ride since just to harsh.
So I went to Eaton Springs here in Detroit to see what’s available, taking my rear springs with me.
After they measured the old springs height and diameters of the coils. They said I have been riding on 62 station wagon springs all these years.
Since my Impala is a convertible. I should have a small diameter coils but the same height springs for a stock ride.
i asked about cutting the springs to lower the ride look and that I could cut the rear coils if I wanted too With NO problems, but to never cut the front springs as that it throws out the front geometry.
The best way to lower the front and keep the stock geometry is to use 2 inch drop spindles with stock springs.
i never asked about air rides or such, as I don’t want them.
was a good conversation about what is best for my application, no hard sell at all.

Dave

Well Known Member
:cool: :good:good:good But I still prefer the sound of Flowmasters. I have the 40 series delta flows on my '62 Impala.

Last edited:

425/409ER

Well Known Member
:cool: :good:good:good But I still prefer the sound of Flowmasters. I have the 40 series delta flows on my '62 Impala.
If you like those, you'd like my 3" Droanmaster Super 40's. Damn things are loud as hell and slow the car down. Might as well run open headers with these on the car.