New forum

bobs409

Administrator
Can't forget about those 6's and small 8's! This new forum was suggested by one of our members. Thanks Dale!

348-409.com listens to it's members!!! LOL :cheers

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bob,,,Do you think any of us care about OTHER ENGINES ???,,,,,,just kidding !! ,,,,
You just keep making this a better forum everytime we turn around,,,,Good work Bob !,,,dq :cheers

Ed51

Supporting Member 1
Thanks for this new area.As much as I would like a 409 , I'm going to have to make do with a 377 sbc in my 63.It is all coming together slowly but surely. I was setting the timing,idle etc. this morning and I don't think I'll Be too far behind!

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bob - Thanks for adding this subject to the page. I dream of building my 409 but for now a 355 is doing the job. I truly enjoy the people that frequent this page, seems to me that they are more performance and tech oriented.
TomO

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks guys. Compliments are always welcome. :D I only wish I had thought of it. Dale ie;(VA348) suggested it so he gets all the credit. Looks like it's a success Dale. :) :cheers

I think we have a pretty good layout now. Some sites divide their forums into individual years or catagories like, paint, engine, drivetrain, etc but I think ours looks/works good the way we have it. Of course, im always open to suggestions.

We've almost got this new site "dialed in" now. :D

Can you believe about 1 1/2 months ago, we were on Network54? Man, we were living in the dark ages! :p

Loafer409

Supporting Member 1
Might as well add a board for the 396/454, 3.8 and 4.3's gm diesel and all the others and then change are name to Just another Chevy site.com ...09

Va348

Supporting Member 1
You are welcome Bob and I thank you. This is so much better than Network 54 and the one before. Just did not want to make anyone mad by asking a sb ? in 348 /409 forum. And I love the 09's just do not have all the pts, getting there tho.

Dale

BTW I did own a 65 409

bobs409

Administrator
Originally posted by Loafer409
Might as well add a board for the 396/454, 3.8 and 4.3's gm diesel and all the others and then change are name to Just another Chevy site.com ...09

No chance of that happening here. I see no harm in covering all aspects of the 58-65 full size Chevy though. After all, this is where the 348 and 409's come from.

Since we are 348-409.com, should we focus only on the engine and remove the full size forum just because it isn't engine related? I see no harm in having an area for the cars and for the other engines too. They are all related in one way or another.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
the 396 was offered in the 65 chevrolets.
You may have to add that to the SB and I6 motors section.
if you want to cover all aspects of the 58-65 full size chevs.

bobs409

Administrator
I thought of that Todd but I have to wait until the dust settles on this one. :D Some guys just don't like change. ;)