New guy from southern Indiana NosBrad

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome! Good luck hunting. Ask the car clubs, they know everyone that has a car! Dark Blue 64's is kind of rare should be able to track it down.
First car I ever wanted was a 64' SS until I found the standard Impala had chrome that went down and back. My buddy had a neighbor trying to sell his mint condition 64' SS 327 4spd car back in 1991 for $5k. I rod my moped past that thing ever day headed to his house and I would stop and look at it. 2 years later I found my first car. 1963 Impala 2dr hdtp 6cyl, 3 on tree. (I still have it) But just a year later my dad knew I wanted a 64' and drug home a beat up primered beast some farmer used to pull hay with. By the time I graduated high school this is the end result of the car they used to call the grey tank.
1 (142).jpg

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to this great site nosBrad. If you're on Facebook, there are several groups on there you might try posting in.

X-Frame Only
Fullsize Chevy Cars
348-409
409Stuff - Anything 409
Impala Exchange
Friends Who Like 348-409 Chevrolet

Even if the car isn't a 409, doesn't hurt to post.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome to the forum Brad, as far as finding that car I would start with the Indiana Dept. of Motor Vehicles if the car stayed in your state you may get lucky. You will need to produce the VIN to start.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice ride you have there! Do you have any suggestions on different clubs or groups I can share pics and information leading to our old impala? It was a street/strip car that was sold at Super Chevy Indy 1998.
There are only 3-4 dozen car clubs around Indy. I suggest you start by cold calling/emailing them with a picture of the car and ask specifically if anyone has seen it. Most clubs would be happy to pass along the image and your contact information. Car clubs have a bunch of knowledge/reach. Clearly every facebook page that would allow you to post a searching for this car. I'm a member of half a dozen 1958-64 chevy groups. Don't for get the "X frame" groups and the lowrider groups too. I posted pictures of my 1975 Hondo Pantera GT jetboat project and the owner that had the boat back in 1985 and did all of the cool paint on it contacted me when he found it online. Him and his wife met in my boat back in 1985, we had a great chat. The vin might be helpful if you can find someone able to pull just vin information. Keep in mind that if that car has sold online in the last 10 years I may have the vin online. Look it up in a number of places. Car guys/gals are known for keeping an eye out for anything with wheels so don't be afraid to hit up racing groups like nascar, demo derby, dirt track, motorcross, 4x4.... Most importantly keep in mind that the guy that bought it back in 1998 may have sold it twice to other people and still knows where the car is to this day. Finding the car through that person can be just as important as finding that car by yourself. One last hot tip. Contact car show forums/planners. I run www.Motormagic.info and often get contacted as to whether I was at a show and got pictures of a certain car or if I have seen a specific car before. Either I can check my images or contact one of my photography buddies and ask if they have seen the car. Along the line of drag strip, call every drag strip within 500miles and see if anyone remembers it. Then don't forget to ask them for the names/contact information of any of the photographers that haunt the strip today and in the past. I know photographers that were present at the Winter Nationals drags back in 1958-66. Being a professional photographer myself I love setting down and going through other photogs collections. Never know what you might see. Don't forget to do a simple search online google, facebook and any other large group like twitter, instagram and Pinterest for Dark blue 1964 Chevy Impala SS. Sorry so long but if you really want it you will find it, even if it wrecked long ago, someone will know it did. Good luck!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Welcome Brad.:clap I had a 64 SS, just like that, in the 70's. Same Green with white interior. Bought it for a song. Had a just rebuilt 300 H.P. 327. Never got it running correctly. Someone, was in the oilpan, knocking to come out..:doh Must have been, a backyard mechanic's first rebuild. Saved some money, and put a New 370 H.P. LT-1 in it. :appl Car now has a 409-425 H.P. Car is now Ember Red. Good luck, with your search.:good

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome:welcome2:picsalways need more pics. Good luck on your search! Somebody on this forum probably has it.:scratch:dunno. just saying.....Horders among us......