New Member - Biscayne409 in N. Carolina

Biscayne409

I have it on the lift for storage. I'm babysitting a friend's '66 Chevelle Restomod and felt like the Biscayne should sleep in the upper bunk. See pic.

I live on the east side to "the river" as the long-timers call it. Just north of Mooresville, near Lake Norman State Park. It's common to see NASCAR-folk around town. Martin Truax evidently lives across the Lake form me. C. House 1.jpg

Last edited:

Junky

Well Known Member
Thanks guys. Looking forward to learning about these cars. This car is a F&SO vehicle. I was told it was a police car when new but :dunno2.

Here's a few photos...

If you post a picture of the data plate on the firewall, I'll bet that Carl or Paul will be able to tell you for sure. If it was a police car, they came with 15" rims, foam padded seats, rubber floor mat, but all of those things could have been removed and upgraded sometime in its previous life. Either way, it is still a beautiful car!

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
SWEET, 63 Biscayne my friend, I've always' liked plain jane hot rod's from our era :drinking

If you do go too local car shows' your going too be amazed how much attention she's going too bring with the RAT 409/425hp vs a mouse motor :drinking
I would drive her she's so fine my 409 and just maintain her, if you want A/C do it but just enjoy her SWEET and Happy Motoring :drinking

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Beautiful cars and glad you joined this group it needs a few more sane like us. There's a few (Junky, Jeff, Phil) here needing either more or less medication... not naming names. Your friend called and wants me to come get his '66 Chevelle to check the tires for adhesion. We have a motorcycle thread here if you have bikes to show.
So many helpful people on here. I'll just mention your friend called me first and Wristpin is the back up incase I can't make it. My schedule is clear! :burnout LOL!

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
VERY nice car:good Interesting that someone put a Bel Air interior in it. I'm guessing it had the 'fawn' interior, code 860 originally and someone liked blue better...:dunno Biscaynes were only available with Aqua, Fawn, or Red interiors in 63.