new member from wisconsin

Just a little history about the car, family, etc... Back in 19 i wanna say 78 or 79 my father pulled it out of a junk yard in alabama. Pretty sure a tree was growing thru the engine compartment. He got the original 348 running but i remember it was smoking like crazy. The block was cracked. He spent many hours on this car and me and my brother helped him as much as we could. Hit tons of swap meets across the midwest for parts . At one point had 3 60's in the driveway. About 10 years later and alot of work it was done. It has a m20 with reverse lockout, 12 bolt rear end, 456 gears. My father passed back in 2003 and i purchased the car from my mother shortly after. I had it in storage the last 8 or so years. Took it out last summer. It still ran great up until i broke a valve. Lucked out that i didnt damage the heads or the rare block. So the new engine will be done shortly. d-day is about two weeks. I had the cast 690 heads redone at a cost of 1,234.00. Sadly the machinist who did the heads joe gelbudas passed away. Didnt wanna leave them all messed up. I made a decision to go with the edelbrock aluminum heads, edelbrock rollin thunder camshaft, comp cams lifters. The pistons are venolia and had to get 4 new ones turned out. Ill probably sell the 690 heads if anyones interested. They are the 425 heads and ready to bolt on. believe the lift is 525.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the sight:beer man that car just looks fast ,,,,,,,,,,like brian said get ready for the reunion and great pics

martin

Thanks for all of the kind responses and warm welcomes. Im all fuzzy inside. most of you are about what age my dad would have been now so much respect to you 409 gurus. You guys are the last true breed of gear heads. funny I'm 41 and I sometimes quote lines from car movies as that's the way I grew up. Surrounded by cars. My friends are clueless. For instance your gonna scream for mercy when I get this sucker Rollin. ;) hey Martin, she hauls the freight with a bag of chips. my dad dragged her a few times and ran mid 12's. pretty respectable for a street car. What got me interested in this site is someone posted a video of super chevy at Indy back in the day and I'm pretty sure we were there. Also the car was in the magazine at some point. Mid eighties if anyone can find it. Wasn't a full page spread but just a picture highlighting cars at super chevy Indy that year.

No409

Supporting Member 1
sweet ride. dont feel bad about being young, were all in this for the same thing x frames and w motors!