boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I really like the truck, much nicer than mine. My 348 transplant is kinda on hold until after the holidays, but details are in the Truck Section. Problem areas might include firewall and exhaust, depends what you are looking for. Good luck!

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
If it's like Kurt's 66 C-10,the right side of the firewall will need a little massaging and exhaust will be problematic.Other than that it drops right in.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome!!!! That it is a really COOL truck even with that six setting in there. The whole truck is very tastefully done. I can’t wait to see the 348 setting in that engine bay.:good

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
The right side of the firewall will need massaging for valve cover clearance and it drops right in on v8 mounts and frame mounts.Exhaust will be more of a challenge depending on your power level requirements.There are no swap headers for this package so if your looking for more than 500 hp they're a must and they would be custom.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The right side of the firewall will need massaging for valve cover clearance and it drops right in on v8 mounts and frame mounts.Exhaust will be more of a challenge depending on your power level requirements.There are no swap headers for this package so if your looking for more than 500 hp they're a must and they would be custom.
Like Don said massage the firewall right at the corner of the recess for valve cover clearance and its a drop in. I a nice set of 1-7/8" headers would look real cool in there as well.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Did we already cover make sure you plan ahead on the exhaust fit with this application? Maybe I'm thinking of another truck build?

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I like what Dan and Don call a "massage". To me, it's a beatdown! Some of the aftermarket mount stands will move the lump forward a little.

On the exhaust? 348 and early 409 manifolds will work. After that it gets pretty tight, especially when the truck is lowered and the front wheels/tires aren't "skinnies".

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I like what Dan and Don call a "massage". To me, it's a beatdown! Some of the aftermarket mount stands will move the lump forward a little.

On the exhaust? 348 and early 409 manifolds will work. After that it gets pretty tight, especially when the truck is lowered and the front wheels/tires aren't "skinnies".
Some applications like older trucks have strange front cross members. I would think the oil pan would have plenty of room, not sure.