NHRA Hot Rod Reunion

BubbletopMan

Well Known Member
Well looks like y'all will have me to put up with! I reserved a room at the Hyatt Place yesterday. Will be driving Big Red from NC. Won't be dragging it since I need it to drive home! But I'll be there with y'all!

Jeremy

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey guys, I need to get some detailed information for the profile sheets so we can build a portfolio for the BIG EVENT
this info will be used in the tower to help the announcer as the cars pull to the line, you know, give them something to talk about, so

Full name
Where you are from
Make, Model, and color of the car
Engine size......... if you want to make details public about engine feel free to do so
Transmission
I will add a Notes section so you can feel free to tell something interesting about you or your car or both, If you could get this info to me as soon as possible I will get this put together............. PM the information Thanks in advance for your help

Martin

mr409guy

Well Known Member
I still have not received confirmation. Guess i will call tomorrow. Have about two more hours to go before engine firing. Getting excited! My son stefan is racing the 57 nomad at the high school drags sunday. Maple grove. First race of the year for us. Carpal tunnel acting up. Been wrenching on two cars all year

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey guys, I need to get some detailed information for the profile sheets so we can build a portfolio for the BIG EVENT
this info will be used in the tower to help the announcer as the cars pull to the line, you know, give them something to talk about, so

Full name
Where you are from
Make, Model, and color of the car
Engine size......... if you want to make details public about engine feel free to do so
Transmission
I will add a Notes section so you can feel free to tell something interesting about you or your car or both, If you could get this info to me as soon as possible I will get this put together............. PM the information Thanks in advance for your help

Martin
Full name - Gav Wellwood
Where you are from - New Zealand
Make - KIWI
Model - No, my belly was a little oversized.
color - Pakeha White
Engine size......... LARGE, 24 pack or 3 JD 1.75L
if you want to make details public - Can be contacted on 021 029 366
about engine - Keep the motor running
Transmission - Shifts very irregular and Often scatters small bits

O and the car, that's just a 62 ss 409 4speed currently in rebuild mode.

:laugh:roll:laughing:laugh2
See ya all in JUNE - YES

Gav

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Gav when you get here we're gonna havta set down, have a cold one an tawk about thangs.........you gonna be awright to make the trip....:crazy

caint wait ta meet ya in person.......:drunk

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Gav..................I met Martin in Great Bend. Looks like he's up to date on all his shots so you should be good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Guys don't forget to PM your profile to me............Here's what I have so far, and I started a spectator list so let me know who's comin
CARS to Race!!!!!!!!!!
(1) Lonnie and Scott Hall 1962 Super Sport Impala 409, Automatic
(2) Bub6le 2op (Martin) 1962 Belair Sport Coupe 409, 4 Speed
(3) Awsumcars (Joel) 1962 Belair Post 409, Automatic
(4) Bryan Fugate 1963 Super Sport Impala 409, Automatic
(5) Bluescreamer (Allen)
(6) TomK and James Schrader 1962 Belair, 409
(7) MHRP (Brian) 1962 Super Sport Impala, 409 (stroked) 4 Speed
(8) Mike Bell 1958 DelRay, 409, 4 Speed
(9) Mark steele 1962 Biscayne, 409, 4 Speed
(10) Quickshift 409 (Shan)
(11) de31168
(12) Fathead Racing (Ray) 1960 Impala, 409, Automatic
(13) Ronnie Russell/Barry Taylor 1962 Biscayne, 409, Automatic
(14) dm62409 (Dave Mills)
(15) BSL409 (Brian)
(16) Paul & Caroline Galvin 409 front engine rail
(17) Rickys61 (Rick Inghram) 1961 Biscayne, 348 stroked to 380, tri power 4 speed.
(18) alloy409 (Al Loy) 1962 Biscayne 409, 4 speed
(19) Nuts (Bill) 1962 Belair Sport Coupe (Ms. Bella) 409, 4 Speed .............. Nuts will still be there in all our hearts
(20) CASHguzzler409
(21) Jim409_Pontiac (Jim Comeau) 61 Pontiac, 409
(22) jim_ss409 (Jim Carniato) 55 Chevy, 409
(23) PVS409 (Paul Stensland) 1962 Super Sport Impala, 409, 4 Speed
(24) jbschneeweis (Joel) 1962 Bel Air 2 dr post 409, automatic
(25) Mearl (Mearl McBride) 63 Impala, 409 (340 horse) 4 speed
(26) Silent Sam (Tom G.) Boogeyman car
(27) Roger Robinson '62 Chevy II nova, 409, Power Glide 9.90 e.t.
(28) randy k (Randy Kirker) 1931 ford gasser, 409
(29) mr409guy (John) '62 Impala (WildFire) 409, Jerico 4 speed
(30) Steven Morgan, 62 Impala, 409
(31) Denny Ford
(32) Dick MacKenzie
(33) Bomar
(34) Ray Whitney, 1962 Wagon, 409
(35) Mc409 (Jim McCombs and Wife Val)
SHOW CAR GUYS................:dance
(1) 430hp (Ron) 1963 Impala
(2) 64chevydude (Steve and Anne) 1962 Belair Sport Coupe
(3) Royaloak62 (Dave) 62 Impala SS Conv.
(4) Jay Gould 1937 Chevy coupe 409
(5) Tri5man (Gary) 1964 Biscayne
(6) Phil and Candy Red 63 Belair
(7) BubbletopMan (Jeremie White ) 1962 Impala
Gav..... just for you.......this is gonna be Awesome!!!!!!!:happy Spectators List
INTERNATIONAL MEMBERS AND GUESTS
(1) nomad59NZ (Gav and Wendy)

Can not wait to see you guys!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mr409guy

Well Known Member
Hey guys, spoke with sherry today at nhra. She said only 13 cars are signed ip so far. Deadline is may 27 th. Also tech is tough with no exceptions. Uhgg. Started up wildfire today. Sounds solid.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Next time you talk with Sherry can you find out who she has on the list. I sent my registration form & pictures to the address on the form. Haven't heard anything back. Would be nice to know if they have received our info. Thanks.

Joel

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Yeah Joel, I'm just now getting around to signing up myself but if you don't get anything in the mail there will be a will call booth you can go to, but I promise you if you sent the money you'll be pre=entered in the race and if you don't pre enter you can always enter at the gate but it costs a little more

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav when you get here we're gonna havta set down, have a cold one an tawk about thangs.........you gonna be awright to make the trip....:crazy

caint wait ta meet ya in person.......:drunk
I like a cold one or 6 and ta tawk. Yup all good twavel and almost weady to start counting sweeps.:drinking

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Gav..................I met Martin in Great Bend. Looks like he's up to date on all his shots so you should be good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great to hear thanks Phil, I'll cancel my doctors appointment for my shots.;)

Gav