No spark

Victorniner

Well Known Member
Update these distributors work a lot better when ground wire is connected DOH ! Got it started but had to set timing at 16 btdc? To run with no backfire just has a slight hesitation which I am sure I can work out . But now water pump is making a noise do you have to prime these thanks everybody for your help thru this did pull a couple of plugs no oil on them yay

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
16 degrees at idle is ok but if you don't use the bushing kit that came with the distributor you will be over advanced on the mechanical side not to mention the vacuum advance if your using that. At any rate it should not be backfiring at the stock timing setting let alone 16 degrees. Maybe not enough pump shot or the carb is jetted lean?

Victorniner

Well Known Member
So no backfire at 16 but at 12 yes idle set at 750 water pump sounds like no water in it if that makes sense but can squeeze all hoses and see water movement at radiator cap

Victorniner

Well Known Member
Well took belts off everything sounds good . So my old hearing was hearing air sucking past carb gaskets makes it real hard to tune like that LOL so can any of you gentlemen give me the part number I need to order for a set of edlebrock 1406 style carb gaskets ? Btw they say edlebrock on front but weber on the sides thanks guy,s