Nova Gasser

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Dave, you have my phone number if you’d like to give me a text next time you’re going on vacation a long long way away for many many days I can come up and check to make sure everything is OK (g-force) in your garage:dunno:scratch:brow

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looking over your thread again, which is way cool! I originally thought that the big tank was a dry sump tank. And I noticed that the front suspension had a rack on it, is it manual? And I also noticed that the front stub is a bolt on, and I assume that the cage is welded to the lower frame rails. I have a friend who has a 62 nova wagon who just put one of those Heights kits on the front of it, and ladder bars with a 9 inch in the back. Those things are pretty slick the way they give you a room for headers and other accessories. And then you can make a custom inner fender well. That way any motor you want will fit in there. I wish I would’ve come up with that idea and I would be sitting on a beach drinking out of cups with little umbrellas in them.:shaker

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Looking over your thread again, which is way cool! I originally thought that the big tank was a dry sump tank. And I noticed that the front suspension had a rack on it, is it manual? And I also noticed that the front stub is a bolt on, and I assume that the cage is welded to the lower frame rails. I have a friend who has a 62 nova wagon who just put one of those Heights kits on the front of it, and ladder bars with a 9 inch in the back. Those things are pretty slick the way they give you a room for headers and other accessories. And then you can make a custom inner fender well. That way any motor you want will fit in there. I wish I would’ve come up with that idea and I would be sitting on a beach drinking out of cups with little umbrellas in them.:shaker
No rack I think your looking at the tie rod in front of the spindles, it has a Vega steering gear box. Yes first and second Gen Novas the entire unibody front end unbolts from the firewall which makes it easy as there many aftermarket bolt on front ends, or easy to build your own. I opted to buy one trying to cut down on build time but if I had to do it over I would have built it myself. I bought that front end at the Melt Down drags one year for a pretty good deal, it was their display and saved them the trouble of loading it up and dragging it back home. Always helps to have a few bucks on you (for an emergency) wherever you go.:cigar

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1

Attachments

• IMG_2081 2.JPG
    IMG_2081 2.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2086 2.JPG
    IMG_2086 2.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 39

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Bitchin!! First I've seen this, really like the car:good Nothing looks cooler than mechanical injection. How are you circulating water with the fuel pump off the front? Is this a water pump....
View attachment 92114

Didn't know about the new 'no external fuel tank' rule either, good to know:good
Yes that is an electric water pump, I might have a better picture of it I can post.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Bitchin!! First I've seen this, really like the car:good Nothing looks cooler than mechanical injection. How are you circulating water with the fuel pump off the front? Is this a water pump....
View attachment 92114

Didn't know about the new 'no external fuel tank' rule either, good to know:good
Kevin here are some pictures of my water pump and block plates I made. Just saw the Sharpie sticking out of the fitting on the left side, Lol

IMG_3573.JPGIMG_3661.JPG