Ohio conceal carry without permit

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Now were gonna tear things up in the Buckeye! I don't know if I should rejoice or take cover!:D

Mark

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's a good question Mark. I remember when the Sheriff of El Paso County in Colorado told us that as of tomorrow morning we could carry a loaded weapon in our glove box. I went to bed happy, and woke up terrified. People with no experience with handguns, no practice on the range, no target acquisition skills, no understanding of the law of when they could or should use deadly force, were now carrying loaded weapons. And we haven't even spoken about drug, alcohol, mental illness, anger issues, etc. It sounds great until you realize the person next to you may not have the same morals, values, and common sense that you have. But then again, maybe the guy next to me was saying that about me :D

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's a good question Mark. I remember when the Sheriff of El Paso County in Colorado told us that as of tomorrow morning we could carry a loaded weapon in our glove box. I went to bed happy, and woke up terrified. People with no experience with handguns, no practice on the range, no target acquisition skills, no understanding of the law of when they could or should use deadly force, were now carrying loaded weapons. And we haven't even spoken about drug, alcohol, mental illness, anger issues, etc. It sounds great until you realize the person next to you may not have the same morals, values, and common sense that you have. But then again, maybe the guy next to me was saying that about me :D

Why do you think Mark has any common sense?

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5

Yeah it's quite possible that this could come with a boatload of problems. All that you have mentioned is what I think about. A hothead that's that's a couple shy of a full load especially if they've been drinking or taking some drugs. I think if I was a cop I don't think I would like this very much because you don't have to tell them unless they ask you if you're packin. And then you have these idiots that want to defund the police, I think it was better the way it was when you had to have a permit.

Mark

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yeah it's quite possible that this could come with a boatload of problems. All that you have mentioned is what I think about. A hothead that's that's a couple shy of a full load especially if they've been drinking or taking some drugs. I think if I was a cop I don't think I would like this very much because you don't have to tell them unless they ask you if you're packin. And then you have these idiots that want to defund the police, I think it was better the way it was when you had to have a permit.

Mark
The only thing is lots of places will not give people permits even if they pass background checks, are mentally stable, and take all the classes.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
We have had a conceal carry law in NH for many years.There is a background check you have to go through to purchase a firearm,but you do not need a permit to carry.We have experienced none of the problems you mentioned.We also have a strict deadly force law.
There are very few here that exercise their right to carry.Personally I believe everyone should carry.But I have a Wild West mentality.It might curb or stop some of these mass shootings if people there were carrying.I don’t conceal carry everyday,but it is nice to legally have the option.You know the criminals and wanna be gangsters are.It just legally levels the playing field.
Maine,NH,and Vermont are this way,but cross over into Mass and it’s a totally different set of rules.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The only thing is lots of places will not give people permits even if they pass background checks, are mentally stable, and take all the classes.

That was why Iowa changed the law several years ago. The sheriff in my county wouldn't give any permits out.

Iowa went permitless a couple years ago and as Rick says, no problems.