Original Rearend

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
nick, your picture of the engine is 7 years old. Intake manifold is nice, headers look a little mild, plug wire routing looks amateruish. Any pictures of the car and engine as it is today?

Power To Weight Ratio......Not Motor.

Must be related !!!!:D

I did some fast calculations, my 60 Impala 409 @ 4200 lbs would run 10.93 without changing anything else if I could knock off enough weight to make it 2600 lbs. Just a stinken auto tranny hardtop. no slicks no juice no 110 octane.

000_0007.jpg

As I stated "just a pump gas smallblock" when I put this mill together I chose to go with flat-top pistons. In the past I have made 434 Hp on the dyno w/stock deck height, 67cc chambers(no milling) and felpro 0.048 compressed gaskets.

This car ran consistant 12:20's on 235 60 15's at 3400lbs. 67 Belair 2dr post.
Under 9.5:1 compression, she was around 9.2:1. alot of initial timing and some handed down well kept cooling system secrects.

The mill in the bisquick is 11.0:1 with flatops. I am also big on "free horse power" Balanced rotating assemblys, free floating wrist pins, Heavy flywheels and
4-speeds, to name a few. Bigger is not always better. And strokers are the real "Truck Motors" torque runs out fast.

Any ways Fat, This car was built to go after muscle cars, and guys with that racecar look that cant break out of the 13's. It breaks the mold of pre-concieved notions of what a fast car should be. Thats why the 4dr, The superior body structure compared to hardtops is just a bonus!

So put away the calculator, Calm down. This car was not built to go after other 60 chevys. just stopped by to find out how much abuse a GM 8.2 w/a brace can take.

Snapped During Installation.....

nick, your picture of the engine is 7 years old. Intake manifold is nice, headers look a little mild, plug wire routing looks amateruish. Any pictures of the car and engine as it is today?

You guys must be getting pretty desperate to go after plug wires !!!
Good thing you can't see the casting #'s on those old heads!!!
I have stated it was an old pic of an old mill. Nothing to date currently, I will post some pics of the bent housing in the future. I still run those headers though, Your one of those "Bigger Is Better" guys huh???

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
nick, no, bigger is not better. I was speaking of the design. Does not matter about the head casting numbers,,, I don't know one from the other. What does posting pictures of broken parts prove ??

No Relation!!! But.........

He's probably baiting you guys. For over 20 years every smallblock between my fenders has been a "283" out of SARCASM!!!

And people belive it !!! The even say,"yeah thats that old 283 sound" !!!

As far as Corvette motors go. B_ll SH_t I tell those guys "I want to buy the Corvette without the motor" Haven't seen one yet.....................

No Relation!!! But.........

He's probably baiting you guys. For over 20 years every smallblock between my fenders has been a "283" out of SARCASM!!!

And people belive it !!! The even say,"yeah thats that old 283 sound" !!!

As far as Corvette motors go. B_ll SH_t I tell those guys "I want to buy the Corvette without the motor" Haven't seen one yet.....................

Proves that a 60 Chevy w/street tires can hook. They can leave real hard !!! my steering wheel is bent from hangin on and grabbin gears!!!

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Is it a high performance steering wheel?? Possibly need an upgrade to a stronger rear end and steering wheel.

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow

Man 9.20 and 9" slicks.........GREAT time for 1/8 mile..... ................. Two NHRA nat. record cars SS/C & C/S:):)

Mike... did I hear someone mention "C Stock" ?:deal

this is great stuff:p

Nick, I think I may be able to offer the final answer to your question... that being, what will these rear ends take ?

Here ya' go:

All steel 55 Chevy ( about 3575 pounds with driver ), 468 BBC, 656 HP, with a stick, then a 150 shot of nitrous.
With my spool in the pumpkin, the car ran 9.70 @ 140 MPH... then cruised the streets of Winnipeg that evening.

55chevdec222003hoodup.jpg

468detailedinlf.jpg

55chevrearsuspension.jpg

1965 Chevy II 509 BBC 3stage

Man 9.20 and 9" slicks.........GREAT time for 1/8 mile..... ................. Two NHRA nat. record cars SS/C & C/S:):)

There is a reason people just shoot an old dog rather than trying to fix it. I have had over 200 cars. I have worked in hotrod classic and custom shops for over 15 years. Who the **** do you think your messing with???

The guy with the plug wires and steering wheel coments really make you guys look like a bunch of assholes that sit on the toilet and circle parts in your jeg's catalogs and call yourselfs gearheads. **** You. I have a light car with dialed in suspension and a nothing motor. and some of you old fat asses resent the fact that I would hand you your *** at the digs.

All I had was a simple problem and a simple question. Thank you CDN for your diplomacy for that matter. For the rest of you prics, I'm sure you are all legends in your own mirror. For the guy with the 12 second tasco hardtop I've drove low 12 second cars to work in 2 feet of snow. I'm not the least bit impressed with your weld wheels or your e.t. for that matter.

And how bout the guy that says my headers don't have enough of an updated racecar look to them! what a dick-head. And the guy with the calculator and the weight formulas! go ahead asshole cut your car in half and then race me with one of the pieces!

And for any one else I forgot to mention, go jag each other off to your time slips. Assholes.................

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Now, now Nick, keep your panties on. :takethat A real key board hero..........................show some respect :mad:

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Who the **** do you think your messing with???

call yourselfs gearheads. **** You.
some of you old fat asses resent the fact that I would hand you your *** at the digs.

All I had was a simple problem and a simple question. For the rest of you prics, I'm sure you are all legends in your own mirror.
what a dick-head. go ahead asshole cut your car in half and then race me with one of the pieces!

And for any one else I forgot to mention, go jag each other off to your time slips. Assholes.................

C'mon Nick, tisk, tisk, tisk with the foul language.

cut some of us old guys a little slack. it's not every day we are introduced to a veteran stoplight racer like you. you'll need to understand that most guys are skeptical of new guys with wild claims. I'm sure many of your streetlight victims were caught off guard and wondered "what the hell just happened?"
we have guys here with a jackpot of combined info if you treat them fair and ask nice. we have guys with all backrounds from Avaitors to Zoo keepers.
I did my share of street racing and used a dark unassuming looking car also.
i think the concept of your car is cool and would like to know more about it like i said before.

for instance, my first question would be: how do you make the car hook? mine just wheelhops. do you have 2 upper arms or one? shox? springs? driveshaft and center bearing? arm angles?
second: how in the world did you get the car so light? you explained some of it. please finish.
how does one make the trick fiberglass panels for a one off car?
does your 60 have real windows or lexan?
and the main one?: Why go to the trouble and money for a street terrorizer?
i learned street racing that sooner or later guys are gonna figure it out and not race you for money. so how can you make it back?

anyway, if you'll apologize for the bad names.......i'll let it slide and share any info i can.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
[For the guy with the 12 second tasco hardtop I've drove low 12 second cars to work in 2 feet of snow. I'm not the least bit impressed with your weld wheels or your e.t. for that matter.

And for any one else I forgot to mention, go jag each other off to your time slips. Assholes.................[/QUOTE]

Oh, that old thing. That's my winter car. The real race car is in the barn, it's a 1960 235 six cylinder. runs in the low 9's on F 70 14's.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
sign0099.gif
Don't be a hater Nick. You came to town talking as if you were going to show all these old guys how it's done. If you can't take the heat get outta the kitchen.
taunt012.gif

:roll

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
To Bob, the Admistrator....... Bob, Please don't ban nick. Please excuse his bad language . He is much too entertaining to let go. I know we have several members from the Chicago area and since nick has been street racing the same area for over 20 years, surely some of our members know him. How could anyone miss a fast 60 4dr sedan? I'm sure Bob Walker Jr. is not alone in his desire to know more about nick's car. I'm also sure nick can let us in on some of his tricks of the trade. As a jesture of good will I will let nick in on mine first so he will know we wish to be friends. Buy a K&N air filter.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Ronnie........ what do I have to do to get the part number of that K & N that you used......... That horsepower increase was incredible !!!!!!

Was it the new one that's being manufactured in Germany????????

Dave

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
psychic powers?....How else would he know I have a Jegs catalog next to the toilet:dunno...pretty scarey

Seems all these pissin matches end the same way and just when they are getting entertaining :evil