Our 61 Bel~Air Is out of the barn !!

Marilynbubbletop

Well Known Member
:happyFinally some progress on the 61 bubble top.. Sees the light for the first time in 2.5 yrs.. Yes, that's an old horse barn converted into a make shift restoration facility.. We do believe, we do believe.. Take a look at what we started with in the begining.. Now, they'll believe !! We're waiting patiently to hear the once mighty 409 come to life again..

Attachments

• Transporting 61 belair  Jason Hadley.jpg
    Transporting 61 belair Jason Hadley.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Transporting 61 belair  Jason Hadley.4.jpg
    Transporting 61 belair Jason Hadley.4.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Transporting 61 belair  Jason Hadley.6.jpg
    Transporting 61 belair Jason Hadley.6.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 1961 Project bubble top 010.jpg
    1961 Project bubble top 010.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 183
  • belair media blast 006.jpg
    belair media blast 006.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 154

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
BEAUTIFUL!!!! Maybe one day I'll get to that point. Meanwhile it's still exciting seeing others like yourself making progress. :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Marilynbubbletop

Well Known Member
:clapThank you all for the compliments.. I can't count how many times we almost threw in the towel.. This color combination is on the trim code from the factory.. It sports the red interior as per the trim tag too.. :~)

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Are you going to give it a red stripe? (I think red was only "correct" in the moldings on a white car, but I sure like it on my black one.....and think it would go great on that silver with red interior too!)

Marilynbubbletop

Well Known Member
Grub, Thank you very much.. When we decoded the trim tag in the begining, we thought this color combination would be just right.. Sateen silver & ermine white top w/ red interior.. The sateen silver in 61 was a little bit on the dull side so we decided to give it a little more pop as the painter described it.. :~) It worked !!

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Beautiful. Hope I have the patience on the new build to produce something as nice as this!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Red would have looked great in my opinion too, but we decided to go w/ the original white stripe inside the trim..
I'm sorry I missed the white top when I first viewed the pictures. The white stripe will compliment that perfectly and be correct. Can't wait to see more pictures!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I can't remember seeing a silver 61 2 dr or 4 dr back in the day, but i do like it. Look's sharp!!!!!