Paint colors - reproducable in today's products

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
This is the best place. I bought correct lacquer from that. It was Pontiac Fernando Beige and it actually matched perfect. Bought other colors from them and always dead nuts on

Reactions: 327

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
We're narrowing in on this color, I have several samples working... Here's a few of the cards we sprayed, and the Dealer's Album photo from above, and a photo of my original car I took back in 1971. (And of course all the usual warnings about judging colors on a computer or phone..). But virtually everybody who looks at these picks the one labeled #1 on the handle, the second from the left. This is the card which was generated by getting into the PPG Central Library of old colors and their so called field formulas - and a very patient and knowledgeable guy behind the counter! It also happens to match my memory the best. I believe #3 is from @BSL409 's formula, above (thank you again!). We're getting close.

View attachment 130627

View attachment 130628

My old car, 51 years ago....

View attachment 130629
You also have to remember this car has been out side n and off in the sun for some 11 years changing the color a bit:dunno and please stay away lacquer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gliderider06

Well Known Member
I get all my paint materials from either Napa or Federated Auto parts. They can usually mix colors from the paint codes.

Reactions: 327