Painting the 58

PAINT REMOVAL

HEY GUYS ;;;;;;;;;;;FOR WHAT ITS WORTH. PPG USED TO MAKE A PRODUCT FOR REMOVING ACRYLIC LACQUER FROM G.M. FINISH
THAT WILL REMOVE ALL THE FINISH BUT LEAVE THE FACTORY PRIMER. I DON,T KNOW IF THEY STILL MAKE IT OR NOT MIGHT BE A HELP TO SOME ....BEAR IN MIND THOUGH THIS IS FOR FACTORY FINISHES................ DALE

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The paint came out really great but it has a few dust specks that are going to have to be rubbed out. I put plastic on the ceiling and made a plastic curtain around the car. We wet down the floor but there was still dust that settled on the paint in spots. It is not bad and I don't think it is a big deal in rubbing them out. I'm sure that a spray booth would have been better. This new paint sure shines, so I can imagine that after it is rubbed out it will really shine. It is not a Boyd Cottington paint job but it is sure a nice looking job. I can't wait to start putting the chrome on. My wife redid the black strips on the chrome spears and the chrome on the back quarters. It will have new weather stripping and new splash guards. I need a new rear antenna, it is dull, but at $165 I'm getting low on funds again. Anyway I think it came out great, you guys tell me in September whether it was a good job. :cheers Roy

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
You got your wife to work on the car! :eek:
Ah man... Some guys have all the luck.
Well, then again that might not be such a good thing. ;)
See you in KC :D NUT