Paying accolades

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hi everyone. If I could, I'd like to pay accolades to a member here. I previously posted a thread about turning a 327 into a stoker motor. Received alot of good feedback which I was very grateful for. One member, Don Jacks, pm-ed me offering his phone number to call him with additional questions, which I did. I spoke with him for the better part of 30 minutes; perhaps more. What a knowledgeable, skillful person he is. He didn't have to make this offering, but he did. Certainly above and beyond what would have been expected. I was very appreciate of his time and advice. There are other members on here who are also very knowledgeable and skillful. I have spoken with several by phone and I am very thankful for their time and advice too. I think that is what makes this site unique. Different. A pleasure to come to. People are willing to help. Share. What is there not to love, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
My turn. This one is for Don also. When I rebuilt my first engine (454), I felt like Don was right there leaning over my shoulder! Never afraid to explain things is detail and never got tired of all my questions! A few other members were also involved but it's been a while so that's testing my memory.

Since then I rebuilt (2) 454's and a 350. Don helped with those too. :D And best of all, he's 99.9% right all the time! :D

Thank you Don. :drinking

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Don comments:

"Ronnie Russell was a friend,and while I'm not anywhere near his knowledge level,I try to honor his memory by helping to carry on his tradition of helping..Besides,I don't have much else to do. "

I've got something for you to do! I've got a set of bare 333 heads that Ronnie spent hours shaping the ports to flow better. They've already been cut and threaded for 7/16" screw in studs. I always wondered what they might be capable of...

All of my current builds are based on the big port iron heads (690s and 583s, but no aluminum) so I really don't have a specific use for them.

I know it's silly to center a build around a set of 333s, but maybe we can scrounge a bunch of parts together from various members and build a tribute to Ronnie's memory? I was talking to James about this one day and he mentioned the tribute angle. It'd be a lot more fun than building a mailbox :). When we're done we can auction it off and use the proceeds for something useful to the group?

Just thinkin' out loud :).

TomK

Don Jacks

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don comments:

"Ronnie Russell was a friend,and while I'm not anywhere near his knowledge level,I try to honor his memory by helping to carry on his tradition of helping..Besides,I don't have much else to do. "

I've got something for you to do! I've got a set of bare 333 heads that Ronnie spent hours shaping the ports to flow better. They've already been cut and threaded for 7/16" screw in studs. I always wondered what they might be capable of...

All of my current builds are based on the big port iron heads (690s and 583s, but no aluminum) so I really don't have a specific use for them.

I know it's silly to center a build around a set of 333s, but maybe we can scrounge a bunch of parts together from various members and build a tribute to Ronnie's memory? I was talking to James about this one day and he mentioned the tribute angle. It'd be a lot more fun than building a mailbox :). When we're done we can auction it off and use the proceeds for something useful to the group?

Just thinkin' out loud :).
Tom,These heads will support over 500 hp on a stock stroke 09 with the right cam,just ask Yellow Wagon [Jason]