Pfizer Covid Shot

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I think there are some serious problems in our legal system, and if there is "ANY" doubt the death penalty should not used, rather we should use life without parole. My issue is how the whole court system works. Seems most people that sit on a jury think that the person must be guilty or they would not be there. I would never convict anyone if I wasn't sure of the crime or evidence no matter who they are or what they have done in the past. The courts only allow selected evidence to be used, and I can't go for that either. What are they afraid of? Then there are the times the criminal was seen raping and cutting the head off the 9 year old girl by 10 different people of differing sexes, color, religions, political ideology, and economic status, video is also present, as well as DNA evidence, and a Psychologist has said that the person is sane and the confession is also real. Yet we have people that will swear that person is innocent as the day is long based on race, or their beliefs against the death penalty. They will say every police officer was corrupt, the investigation is flawed, the death penalty is inhumane, of course everyone is racist. They will even go so far to say the 9 year old was at fault or deserved it. I know that example is a bit of a stretch, however that is the insanity of our system and the people playing the game on both sides of the court. More about winning than finding the truth and punishing the criminal with the death penalty if the crime fits. I hope I never have to be judged by a jury. I don't trust any of them. I think I would go bench trial on almost anything.
You just described Cook County Illinois.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think there are some serious problems in our legal system, and if there is "ANY" doubt the death penalty should not used, rather we should use life without parole. My issue is how the whole court system works. Seems most people that sit on a jury think that the person must be guilty or they would not be there. I would never convict anyone if I wasn't sure of the crime or evidence no matter who they are or what they have done in the past. The courts only allow selected evidence to be used, and I can't go for that either. What are they afraid of? Then there are the times the criminal was seen raping and cutting the head off the 9 year old girl by 10 different people of differing sexes, color, religions, political ideology, and economic status, video is also present, as well as DNA evidence, and a Psychologist has said that the person is sane and the confession is also real. Yet we have people that will swear that person is innocent as the day is long based on race, or their beliefs against the death penalty. They will say every police officer was corrupt, the investigation is flawed, the death penalty is inhumane, of course everyone is racist. They will even go so far to say the 9 year old was at fault or deserved it. I know that example is a bit of a stretch, however that is the insanity of our system and the people playing the game on both sides of the court. More about winning than finding the truth and punishing the criminal with the death penalty if the crime fits. I hope I never have to be judged by a jury. I don't trust any of them. I think I would go bench trial on almost anything.
The only problem with our system is discretion. Everyone on every side (including the judges) choose what they want to do, not do or let the jury hear. There is no actual standards that hold our system together like nuts and bolts. Our system is actually held together with cheap Elmer's glue and popsicle sticks. I like to say that our legal system is in the middle of a social experiment where ideas are tried a million different ways and what sticks changes all of the time. I have copies of the transcripts from the Salem witch trials (1692-1693) and many of the ridiculous arguments used back then are still used in part today. 20 people were killed and one guy who refused to take part in his trial was just crushed between to large stones. Good times!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The only problem with our system is discretion. Everyone on every side (including the judges) choose what they want to do, not do or let the jury hear. There is no actual standards that hold our system together like nuts and bolts. Our system is actually held together with cheap Elmer's glue and popsicle sticks. I like to say that our legal system is in the middle of a social experiment where ideas are tried a million different ways and what sticks changes all of the time. I have copies of the transcripts from the Salem witch trials (1692-1693) and many of the ridiculous arguments used back then are still used in part today. 20 people were killed and one guy who refused to take part in his trial was just crushed between to large stones. Good times!
I have advocated for uniform laws and sentencing for all of the united states my whole life. Why would a person get 50 years for second degree murder in one state and 8 in another. Or the death penalty in one state and 6 years in another for the exact same crimes? I know, states rights laws. Just doesn't make any sense. Kill in one state and get the death penalty. Kill in another state and blame the victim. Feast or Famine, no middle ground, not common sense.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Barry is right, and this has become a political issue to which there is no correct answer. Every one of us has a different situation to deal with and has to make their own best decision based on what they know or don't know. So I'm not sharing anything or engaging in any personal discussions / arguments, especially here, where people generally get along and are respectful of each other.

409envy

Well Known Member
I would like to apologize to 1964Superstocker. I behaved horribly and reacted to his post without taking time to process what my reaction looked like. I feel like an embarrassment to the forum community. I know my apology does not make up for what I posted in any way nor should it, I will be deleting my post and taking a very long break from the forum.

Evan

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I would like to apologize to 1964Superstocker. I behaved horribly and reacted to his post without taking time to process what my reaction looked like. I feel like an embarrassment to the forum community. I know my apology does not make up for what I posted in any way nor should it, I will be deleting my post and taking a very long break from the forum.

Evan
It happens , I had it happen to me without thinking about it too .Could have been easily smoothed over in my case. I stayed away for awhile ,just decided to forget it . Don't stay away, want to see your build. This site is like facebook ,(well almost) us old farts need something to see and read . Just take two strong shots (crown )and carry on .:hug

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What the Hell has Pfizer Covid Shot got to do with General Car Talk. This thread and some of the responses to it are an embarrassment to this website!!! I’d rather read Ignitionmans rants than this Billshit! At least it was CAR related!!
I definitely understand when a subject disintegrates into nothing but a major argument. That helps no-one and takes away from a great forum. However I do have a question? You said This thread is an embarrassment to this board. Has nothing to do with cars. Although cars are the reason this forum exist, we talk about lots of things on this board that have nothing to do with cars and I have not seen you call a thread an embarrassment on any of them before . So are you saying that people should not post anything that is not 100% car related? I posted this thread, am I the embarrassment? This subject is a current event that is effecting many of our members in many ways. I would not have liked to see it go the way it has in some post, however I, nor anyone else here can predict how these threads go. Does everyone else feel this thread is an embarrassment? If so I will stop posting and leave if that is the way people feel. Let me know what you guys think. No hard feelings, it's a great forum, however I didn't think the members of this board "only" posted about car related things, I guess I was wrong.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I was going to post before you did , (.imbvsur ) decided wait and see. I see it as protecting yourself or others health whether you want a shot or not. After all ,people are dying. When you die, you ain't driving a car anymore. So it is related . Maybe it might have been better under another heading , but really never even noticed till it was brought up. If no one wanted to read about the subject , the heading states what is in the thread relates too. I see no harm, but if there are more disagreement's on this bob can move it I am sure. I saw no harm here since threads are really jacked all the time in other posts so what else is new. That's what this sign is for.:wrong

Last edited:

Junky

Well Known Member
imbvsur , I don't see anything wrong with your post, and if someone chooses not to read it past the first post, then all they have to do is ignore it. Some people prefer not to hear about anything, and in their mind, if they don't know about it, it can't harm them. I greatly appreciate reading others opinions, and sometimes they can change my perspective on the subject. In 6 months from now, all Covid19 discussions will have taken a new and different viewpoint, because the nature of the illness will also have changes, along with how it is treated, and precautions will also change. Today, now that science has had time to learn more about it, treatments have changed for the better, and more people are surviving the infection. I hope to have the vaccine as soon as possible, and I hope that others will also avail themselves of the vaccine. This is the best chance that all of us have at beating this disease.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I wasn't trying to get anyone to get the vaccine, or not. I was just posting that I had. I didn't think it was wrong to post something not 100% car related as most on this forum have. As for it being political, it only becomes political when people make it that way. I hate politics overall and although I will from time to time comment on them, I basically never start a thread based on politics, and this one was not either. Now we have people who want to claim that "only" car stuff is talked about here. Seems a bit hypocritical to me. So I don't feel I did anything wrong here. However I am looking at a post from a member that seems to think I did do something so egregious that it warranted such an insult. What concerns me is the support that I am seeing for his post. So I am just trying to figure it out.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I wasn't trying to get anyone to get the vaccine, or not. I was just posting that I had. I didn't think it was wrong to post something not 100% car related as most on this forum have. As for it being political, it only becomes political when people make it that way. I hate politics overall and although I will from time to time comment on them, I basically never start a thread based on politics, and this one was not either. Now we have people who want to claim that "only" car stuff is talked about here. Seems a bit hypocritical to me. So I don't feel I did anything wrong here. However I am looking at a post from a member that seems to think I did do something so egregious that it warranted such an insult. What concerns me is the support that I am seeing for his post. So I am just trying to figure it out.

you're cool