Pontiac Thread,,, post away !!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bam59 said:
dq. think we should let firepower slide?:scratch
late night warfare in flint, mi. hell does anyone still live there.:roll

:roll :roll :roll

I know you were funnin~~ !! Just had to POKE back !!!

After all,, who holds ALL the records in bike drag racing ?? Not the metric bikes,,,, :cheers HD does!!!:cheers

Yes these HD`s do ride differently and there is a different mentality to owning one. The crotch rockets are a different machine all together and have their own feel and reason to own and ride them.

The HD`s I feel take you back to a mechanical time in both the feel , ride and also the design in the way that they operate., sound and feel.

I am in the middle of build a rigid framed 120 ci 130hp 135 lb of torq V-Twin.
I have a buddy that is building,,, get this,,, a 145ci 175hp torq monster !!

Motorcycles are just like cars and engine. Each has it`s own characteristics that draw the owners and riders in that direction.
I try to never put one down on which bike is their choice.

Live to ride !! Cars and BIKES !!,,dq

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
dq, your right JUST FUNNIN i have rode next to a few
of them orther guys "just kidding". they are fast. i rode a kz1000 one time never again, had to check my pants after that:roll . i'm a cross country rider.:brow

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Poncho

My most memorable Pontiac was a 67 Firebird I bought from the original owner. I believe he was 85 or 90 years old when I bought it from him. We drove it home. I think I paid 250 dollars for it. 326 and a powerglide. Ran good. The other Pontiac was a 40 Pontiac Business Coupe built for my dad. Dual quad 350 Chev ,auto trans, Nova subframe and such. Nice car. My next car after my 62 Impala will be a 64 GTO. I love those almost as much as my 62. GRRRRR

Firepower354

Well Known Member
Bam59 said:
dq. think we should let firepower slide?:scratch
late night warfare in flint, mi. hell does anyone still live there.:roll

Just the very well armed...

To each his own? Rock on! Different tweaks for different freaks!

Gotta love the big grunting push of a giant twin, feels more like being shoved from behind than the asian hit by a subway train. And there's no way to beat the sound/feeling of the 45 degree twin on the gas. Not an evo with straight pipes, that sounds like crap, but a WELL tuned ride. The T/F HDs are something to behold. Even in the pressbox at Norwalk, you can FEEL every firing impulse. Everyone who changes anything without buying a complete engineered package should dyno tune their bike/car/pulling tractor/diesel tow rig/Velocette is missing out.

I'm sure my "new" bobber will make at least 35 rear wheel horsepower ;) Simple and mechanical, visceral, open chain primary, rigid rear, springer front, jockey shift, can't figure how to leave the valvetrain exposed without hot oil treatmenting my tender bits though...

I am truly glad to see HD "competitive" even if P/S Motorcycles have sooooo little to do with what the regular guy can buy. Sure sells the suds, and black and orange halter tops really are an added attraction at NHRA events...

Maybe if Pontiac put a few million or so development dollars in to a clean sheet redesign of their V8, and were allowed to run 890 cubic inches, they could dominate P/S after a few years of dismal failure???? Maybe even lose their 8% weight break and have to be heavier?(had to get back on the Pontiac topic)

M

MK IISS

Pontiac V-8s

The March edition of Hemmings Motor News has an article on Pontiac engines...pg 68

"An engineering marvel of powerful proportions."

MK IISS said:
The March edition of Hemmings Motor News has an article on Pontiac engines...pg 68

"An engineering marvel of powerful proportions."

:roll :roll :roll :roll
aaaaaaaaaaah...hu....huuuu.....
I can't breathe:eek:
HEEE HAAA HEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
:roll :roll

Ponchos really were not bad motors.The thing that has busted me the most is everyone in the ponitiac areas screems poncho but half of them have a olds motors and seek the 455s most of all.I hit the T/A sites sometimes to hear the gurgle.You see the guys with a 403 olds and they have no idea of the webbed main and not a pocho but a olds. but they build the motors top end anyway.I have a 400 poncho and a 455 sealed in storage with 0 miles on them since rebuild.I have just been watching the prices go up till I let them go.You guys know the 75 455 is going for super big money now.Those guys go by "well the were only 618 of them made with the brown insert in the door knob".Then they fight over the price on ebay over a car that came with a stupid small part.I think the trans ams have went way over priced and think also most the pocho motors are through the roof for no reason other then the build up of trans ams fallout.Ponchos are good motors but in no way in my mind out do they chevys.