Possible Reunion Site

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The Blue Suede Cruise has been taken over by the Goodguys. Will be at Norwalk on Sept. 5-7 and will include Vintage Drags. What do you think guys ? See the Goodguys site for more info.
QS409

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Here's a link to the Goodguys site... http://www.good-guys.com/news/newsStory.aspx?newsid=855

Here's what they say...
Goodguys will aim to take the famed Blue Suede Cruise to new heights in Norwalk, Ohio. The event, celebrating its 7th year in 2008, will be held the weekend following Labor Day (September 5-7, 2008) and combines a rod & custom car show with a full scale vintage drag race on the famed Norwalk quarter mile drag strip. The award-winning facility is renowned for its pristine grounds and world class drag strip.

I'd probably go. We had a good time there last year and September's nice in Ohio. Of course I'm open to other ideas but one way or another we should have a get together sometime next year. :beerbang

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Good event

September 2008 might work for many of us. The new semester is underway for me, but I can probably get away for the weekend :).

Maybe that leaves an open date for the summer months?

Cheers!
TomK

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Having just attended the GoodGuys event in Charlotte, they put on a great show and it was attended by several of our members. I'd be in favor of a get together at next years show in Ohio.

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Since I live 20 minutes from the track, you can count Christine, Virginia, Ronnie and myself in for that weekend

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I'll put it on my calendar but I would suggest someone work with Goodguys to ensure we can get together as a group on the asphalt area or do other promotions during the weekend as I am sure the car count will be higher for us as well as on the show side.
Heck... we could have a repeat demo of that twin engined; nitro burning 4X4. I've still not forgotten that thing from Norwalk!!!:bow

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Most people I know here on the weird coast don`t have much nice to say about Goodguys.
They believe Goodguys is all about promoting themselves.
I hope they don`t ruin your gathering,, JMO,, dq

We need Phil to do it again !!!:brow

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
All right.........:beerbang

We love GoodGuys events and we've been to Norwalk lotsa
times..........so head 'em up and move 'em out.........:eek:

Hope to have the 409 done by then, if not it's the 61 348.....hey
maybe both..........:cool:

:cheers
bj

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It looks like this Norwalk thing is starting to gather some momentum.:beerbang

I've been hearing rumors that the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion might be going back to Bowling Green KY. They say possibly in 2008 but if not 2009.:dunno
A lot of 348-409 cars from all over show up for that event. I don't think it would be a perfect place for one of our get togethers because it's so busy that there's no way they'd let us all park together. But if this event does go back to Bowling Green it'd be a good chance for guys from the center of the country to meet up with some of the other 348-409 guys.:beerbang

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It looks like this Norwalk thing is starting to gather some momentum.:beerbang

I've been hearing rumors that the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion might be going back to Bowling Green KY. They say possibly in 2008 but if not 2009.:dunno
A lot of 348-409 cars from all over show up for that event. I don't think it would be a perfect place for one of our get togethers because it's so busy that there's no way they'd let us all park together. But if this event does go back to Bowling Green it'd be a good chance for guys from the center of the country to meet up with some of the other 348-409 guys.:beerbang

I guess it's official, the Hot Rod Reunion will be in Bowling Green KY this year. This is a great event and lots of 348/409 cars will be there.:beerbang Here's a copy of the press release...

You Asked For it, You’ve Got it!

Hot Rod Reunion Returns to Bowling Green

Holley NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion Comes Home to Beech Bend Raceway, June 13-15, 2008

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – (Nov. 16, 2007) – The hot rodders are coming back to Bowling Green. The 6th annual Holley NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion, returns to Beech Bend Raceway on Father’s Day weekend, June 13-15, 2008.

“We’re very excited to be back,” said Tony Thacker, executive director of the Parks Museum. “We listened to our customers and Bowling Green is where they wanted to be so Bowling Green it is. Bowling Green is a historic place for many hot rodders, and Beech Bend Raceway’s covered grandstands and verdant background make a great venue for our event.

“Also, the city of Bowling Green, along with the Convention & Visitors Bureau, and even the Warren County Sherriff’s Dept. all pulled together to make this happen.”

The Museum and Beech Bend have signed a five-year contract to bring long-term stability to the event. Dallas Jones, owner of Beech Bend Raceway Park said, “I’m just tickled to death that we have the Hot Rod Reunion back, and it’ll be a happy reunion for us and the community. It’ll be wide open arms and great for everybody.”

“We’re just really glad that you’re coming back to Bowling Green. It’s going to make a whole lot of people in Bowling Green very happy,” said Vicki Fitch, executive director of the Bowling Green Convention and Visitors Bureau. “Bowling Green welcomes the Hot Rod Reunion back with open arms.”

Bill Tichenor, Marketing Manager, at Holley Performance Products, who sponsors the event and is located right in Bowling Green added, “This is the best news I’ve had all year. It’s great for Holley and it’s great for Bowling Green.”

Dick Lahaie, one of the NHRA’s all-time Top 50 Drivers, has been selected as the event’s Grand Marshal. He’s a member of the Drag Racing Hall of Fame and has participated in the sport for more than four decades. He won the NHRA Top Fuel Championship in 1987 as a driver and as Scott Kalitta’s crew chief in 1994 and 1995.

Honorees for the event include Arnie “The Farmer” Beswick, Gabby Bleeker, Boogie Scott, Bob Stange and Jim Walther. The Justice Brothers Reunion Spotlight falls on The Ramchargers, a group of Chrysler Corporation engineers who joined together in 1959 and created Dodge and Plymouth drag racing cars.

Tickets for the event will be available soon by calling 1-800/884-NHRA (6472) or visiting the Museum’s web site at http://museum.nhra.com .

# # #

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
ME THINKS IDAHO WOULD BE BETTER !!!!!:D

:clap :cheers :clap :bow

thats one of the only 5 or 6 states i havent been to yet.
it does remind me of an old joke...........

why are there only 49 contestants in the "miss black america" pagent?

nobody wants to wear the sash that says I da ho :roll

I crack myself up.

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Blue Suede Cruise motel Reservations 2008

The latest issue of the Cruisin Times magazine just came out and they are recommending that since Goodguys are going to run the BSC next year that if you are going to attend you should think about reservations now. The Goodguys are probably going to get more people to show up than what they had in the past. Here is a list of the local motels, local and chains. The BSC in 2008 is on Sept. 5,6, and 7th at Norwalk Raceway Park. Norwalk Ohio. About 45 miles south and west of Cleveland.

Royal Motel
177 Milan Ave.
Norwalk, OH
(419) 668-2595

Norwalk Inn
283 Benedict Ave.
Norwalk, OH
(410) 668-8255

Dreamland Motel
704 US Highway 20 E.
Norwalk, OH
(419) 668-5159

Colonial Inn Resort
12211 US Highway 250 N
Milan, OH
(419) 499-3403

Best Western-Norwalk
352 Milan Ave.
Norwalk, OH
(419) 663-3501

All American Inn & Suites
415 Milan Ave.
Norwalk, OH
(419) 663-1922

Econo Lodge Motel Norwalk
342 Milan Ave.
Norwalk, OH
(419) 668-5656

Georgian Manor Inn
Bed & Breakfast
123 W. Main St.
Norwalk, OH
(800) 668-1644

AmerHost Inn & Suites
50 Milan Ave.
Norwalk, OH
(419) 663-1922

Comfort Inn Cedar Point South
I-80/90 & 250 N
11020 Milan Road
Milan, OH
(419) 499-4681

Super 8 Motel Sandusky Milan
11313 US Highway 250 N
Milan, OH
(419) 499-4671

Motel Six
11406 US Highway 250 N
Milan, OH
(419) 499-8001

Days Inn
11404 US Highway 250 N
Milan, OH
(419) 499-4961

Hampton Inn
11600 US Highway 250 N
Milan, OH
(419) 499-4911

Gull Motel
45 Cleveland Rd E.
Huron, OH
(419) 433-4855

Fairfield Inn
6220 Milan Rd.
Sandusky, OH
(419) 621-9500

Comfort Suites
6011 Milan Road
Sandusky, OH
(419) 627-9595

Best Budget Inn South
5918 Milan Rd.
Sandusky, OH
(419) 625-7252

Travelodge Sandusky
5906 Milan Rd.
Sandusky, OH
(419) 627-8972

Comfort Inn Sandusky
5909 Milan Rd.
Sandusky, OH
(419) 621-0200

I tried to put the list into columns but IT wouldn't let me. The Norwalk Inn is probably the best non chain place to stay it is very clean and in a good neighborhood, remember you are only going to be sleeping there.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ann and I stayed at the Norwalk Inn last year for BSC. The room had a hot tub!!!!!!!!
Is this where we want to get together next year???? I hope that the West
Coast guys can come.
Robert