Quit Smoking

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
:panI was reading the thread about flywheel surfacing and a few guys were talking about smoking so I thought I would start a new thread about smoking, legal or illegal................. :doh

We quit in 1972 when we got married. While recovering several months in 2001 from a bike wreck I started smoking an occasional cigar. I probably go through 3 or 4 a month, but I don't inhale.............:panI was in a quick trip the other day and the 2 packs of cigs someone bought was over $14. If they smoke 2 packs a day that's over $5,000 a year.....................:bonk:bonk:bonkworse than a 409 habit.............:shock2:fear

Last edited:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Camels used to be 23 cents a pack and they put 2 cents in the cellophane wrapper for your change.

bobs409

Administrator
I know most of you guys won't like this but don't you think alcohol is more dangerous? The things I did while intoxicated I can't even mention here! :fear2

I know smoking is bad for your health but drunks are bad for everyone's health! Think of the decrease in crime alone. Rapes, murders, thefts, assaults not to mention traffic fatalities and divorces... When your drunk, you simply don't care! You'll do things drunk that you would never do sober. I'm very surprised that big brother hasn't gone after booze the way they have with tabacco. Then again with them legalizing marijuana, I'm very confused on what they are trying to do...

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I know most of you guys won't like this but don't you think alcohol is more dangerous? The things I did while intoxicated I can't even mention here! :fear2

I know smoking is bad for your health but drunks are bad for everyone's health! Think of the decrease in crime alone. Rapes, murders, thefts, assaults not to mention traffic fatalities and divorces... When your drunk, you simply don't care! You'll do things drunk that you would never do sober. I'm very surprised that big brother hasn't gone after booze the way they have with tabacco. Then again with them legalizing marijuana, I'm very confused on what they are trying to do...
There are many out there that enjoy a cocktail or two and drink responsibly Bob. Just like smoking an occasional cigar. I mean look at all the trouble being over weight causes, you want someone looking over your shoulder at the grocery store too?

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I hear you Bob. I guess I think drugs are a bigger problem, maybe because I drink but don't do drugs..........:cheers:cheers:nevermindLooks like heroin use is on the rise big time.........only bad things happen with that stuff.................:fear2I think drugs and lazy assed people on the dole are society's biggest problems. The drinking laws are pretty tough. I can tell when I drive by the bars in town that business is down. And on Sunday morning there are a lot more cars parked at the bar than there used to be as they got a ride home. Folks are being more careful. JMHO

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
I don't agree with more government intrusion, just saying that I'm surprised they haven't gone after alcohol like they do with tobacco. Sure tobacco can kill you slowly and second hand smoke too but a drunk behind a wheel or with a gun and no inhibitions can kill you on the spot! And legalizing pot makes NO sense to me at all. We have enough idiots in this world without producing more. :D What message does this send to kids anyway?

Ok, that's all I have. Now what do you think of my avatar of the cat driving? :haha

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Well come to OZ.

A pack of Fags (Cigarettes) about 30 per pack, are around the $25.00 mark
A slab of beer, 2 dozen, is around the $ 50.00 mark
A 1 - 1/2 pint of whiskey is around the $ 48.00 mark

By the way I am a social drinker, maybe a glass or 2 a month, unless it is a big social :crazy, and have never smoked.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I don't agree with more government intrusion, just saying that I'm surprised they haven't gone after alcohol like they do with tobacco. Sure tobacco can kill you slowly and second hand smoke too but a drunk behind a wheel or with a gun and no inhibitions can kill you on the spot! And legalizing pot makes NO sense to me at all. We have enough idiots in this world without producing more. :D What message does this send to kids anyway?

Ok, that's all I have. Now what do you think of my avatar of the cat driving? :haha
I noticed ,did you get a new Pussy cat!!!!:D

Last edited:

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well come to OZ.

By the way I am a social drinker, maybe a glass or 2 a month, unless it is a big social :crazy, and have never smoked.

Don't be smoking no Fags:yikes:barf1

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
image.jpg
Well come to OZ.

I also am a social drinker, I usually drink with this turkey.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Ray, who delivers all your bird and turkey food to fill those containers............the local bulk feed truck???????????????:happyAll this talk bout drinking and smoking...............I'm headed out to the patio to burn one down and have a cold one................almost 5 oclock.....:cheers:cheers:taunt:poke:poke

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hey Ray, who delivers all your bird and turkey food to fill those containers............the local bulk feed truck???????????????:happyAll this talk bout drinking and smoking...............I'm headed out to the patio to burn one down and have a cold one................almost 5 oclock.....:cheers:cheers:taunt:poke:poke
40 lbs of bird food and 60 lbs of corn at a time. I love my tweeties.