Ray

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
T
It was a barn find in 1990. Ownership as follows. Car was bought in buffalo NY by a couple that just retired. Car was driven almost immediately to Fla. the car was driven until the woman now widowed, drove it into the side of the garage door, slight damage to the pass. Side. Sometime in the mid 60's grandma gave the car to her grandson in Minneapolis Minn. who was almost immediately drafted into the army and went to Vietnam, He was probably over there the same time I was. When he was discharged he took one of his buddy's from Nam home with him on his way home. His buddy took one look at the 60 that was parked under a lean- to and asked his buddy, "if you ever want to sell her, give me a call. A few years later the guy gave him a call. By the way, the new owners name was Phil, yup that's right Phil. Anyway, fast forward to 1990. My wife and I were taking a ride after breakfast in Meadville Pa. Way out in the boonies on a dirt road. It was the dead of winter with snow covered roads we were in my 84 K 10. By this time I had the little woman trained to rubberneck for old cars. As we passed by an older farm house, Marcia my wife say's, "hey look there's an old T Bird". I wasn't interested in a T Bird at the time so by now we were past the house and I kept going for about a quarter mile. I got to thinking, what am I doing, I like all old cars. I turned around and when we pulled up to the house there in the barn that was obviously built for a model A or T, was the front end of the 60 impala. No rust 6 cyl. Long story short, it was mine in two weeks after haggling. Car was not finished. I did everything but the paint.
thanks for sharing Ray and again thanks for taking the time to invite me to your place to enjoy seeing your pride and joy. A pitty i couldn't get to great bend, but still a pleasure to meet you back in June last year.

Gav