Rear springs for racing

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Based on the numbers you gave me, I would look for a 250# spring with a free length of 16" and a diameter of 5". That should give an effective wheel rate of 165# and be very close to maintaining your current ride height. Afco, Hypercoil, and Eibach are all quality springs. Before you put them in, wrap the ends with duct tape. That way if there needs to be an adjustment they won't be scratched up and you can return them. Just an FYI this isn't an exact science as far as keeping the ride height since there is no fine tuning like you can with a coil over. Not getting them right on the first shot is not uncommon but once there is a baseline, the second go around is a snap.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I am waiting for my springs to get here. Should see them Thursday. Hope they are close.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I got the springs in today. With the extra spacer I had installed it sits just right. About 1 inch higher than before. A big thanks to you Dan. You got it right the first time out!

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I have Metco lower control arms, and they have a spring pocket that let's you put a spacer in it. If I were you, I would try a polyurethane ring that would go between the spring and the pocket like an insulator. That would work in the front or the rear. I believe you can even get them in different heights.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Like MRHP said. Besides height, they also make spring rubbers in different stiffness. Check Left Hander or Speedway Motors.