Ronnie Russell's Celebration of Life

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm going to Ladonia Saturday morning and load up the race car on my flatbed trailer to take to the church being pulled with the Cecil truck for the first, and last time. Ronnie had a plan for the truck and sadly he only pulled the trailer empty once. :salute

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
What highway are people going down? Just thinking of the rain...maybe it was not that bad down that way.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Weather is going to be great over the week end in the Dallas Ft. Worth area. Roger and I will be there.

W Head

59 impala 409-2,4s

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm going to Ladonia Saturday morning and load up the race car on my flatbed trailer to take to the church being pulled with the Cecil truck for the first, and last time. Ronnie had a plan for the truck and sadly he only pulled the trailer empty once. :salute
Barry,
Take good care of my truck and my fuel pump on the race car. I wish I could be there for Ronnie.
I was browsing back through the old Thompson meet photos looking for some of Ronnie and I was struck by the posts of all of our friends who are no longer with us….Fred, Fran, PetePedler(Dave Smith), Nuts (Bill Nuttall), Brian Thompson, Clyde Waldo, Mike Bell, and now Ronnie. I may have missed some but anyway it's too many, too soon.
:sorry2

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Ray....will have to let you know in the morning. Pulled a dumb $hit move today!!!! Filled up my diesel with 91 octane premium and spent close to 5 hours in a shop....after a wrecker ride....getting the fuel tank evacuated and replacing the fuel filter.!!!!!!!!
:bonk:bonk:bonk:pan:pan:shock2:drop:yikes

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
No word from Tom......man I am on the fence......I will call Tom in the morning.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ray....will have to let you know in the morning. Pulled a dumb $hit move today!!!! Filled up my diesel with 91 octane premium and spent close to 5 hours in a shop....after a wrecker ride....getting the fuel tank vacated and replacing the fuel filter.!!!!!!!!
:bonk:bonk:bonk:pan:pan:shock2:drop:yikes
Well, you caught it Phil before any real damage. Your not driving the dually down are you :scratch:rub.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I Googled motels in zip code 75080. The price ranged from $44 to $135. My Princess does not do cheap anymore so we are staying at the Wingate by Wyndham. Got the AARP rate of $103. Not sure where it is located but should be close.
Let me know if anyone will be coming to the Wingate.
If you need anything Ray.....give me a call. Ride safe.